Where To Start

Guest Castles

Guest Castles

Potentially looking at heading home and getting quotes in to get things moving if we decide to push the button.

A few questions.

1. Best carriers and costs on a 40’ container?
  2. Insurance from Adelaide to UK, again any hints on likely costs and will it be cheaper easier to arrange our own?
  3. Selling cars, (1 Pajero and 1 Forester) anybody know if any garages are buying for cash etc.

I’m sure there will be more questions as this progresses but I guess this is a start.

Thanks in advance for any pointers…..

Cheers.

Guest shella_n

So sorry to hear things aren't working out for you.

You could advertise your cars on the for sale section on this site, lots of new people arriving from the uk at thc moment who may be interested.

I've read a thread on return shipping on here before - if you do a search you should find it but from memory it was expensive - about double the cost to bring the stuff out from memory. I think quite a lot of people who ho back end up selling their stuff here and buying new when they get back. Again you would to well up advertise stuff for sale on this site.

Good luck to you guys

Guest scmercer

Hi

I used Wridgways to ship our items back in August, every other company said I needed a 40ft container but they managed to fit it into 20ft for $7000 including insurance, I think a 40ft costs anything from $10,000. I would recommend them as they did a good job and it only took 6-7 weeks.

I sold my car back to the dealership I bought it from and got a good price. They just gave us a cheque.

Good luck!

Guest pauljoinoz

We used Letton Percival in uk for shipping insurance back to the Uk much cheaper than the shippers. Make sure you state you are returning from Oz so you don't pay IPT.

We used ITS who are in Mclaren Vale they were fabulous & very reasonable!

Good luck - it's lovely being home :0)

Jo

Guest bishop3912

Hi we used Wridgways to move us back and have no complaints. Only took out total loss insurance for the return trip. We also sold our cars back to the main dealer we purchased them from, just told them we were buying one big family car (got a few $ extra lol), they gave us a cheque :smile:. Good luck with the decision making.