phone calls to the Uk

Guest Dizzy

Yeah, if you've got internet (broadband) then Skype is the way to go. And the video chat via computers is fab.

Also from what I see being in the UK still its far cheaper for the UK to call Aus anytime than Aus to UK (unless on one of the crummy calling cards off peak after midnight or something). It costs us £1 a month for the Friends and Family overseas with BT and the calls are then 3 or 4p per minute anytime day or night. It never seems to work out so cheap for family calling from Adelaide to the UK to talk to us.

Got a $5 deal from telstra 2c a minnite , wife on the phone to uk as i type lol

is it a one off payment of $5 or is that a monthly fee?

Thanks guys for all your replies :)

I use my mobile as they include intl call time in my monthly fee, otherwise my folks call me they are still on a talk talk deal where as long as the call isn't over an hour and it's to an oz land line then it's completely free.

We're with AAPT and have a package with Internet, Telephone plus free calls to Australia and $50 of other calls. As a family we're all on Vodafone which has free calls to each other, the $50 of credit is purely used for overseas calls, which i don't spend even with a 45m to 1 hr call each week. I think there are better deals though like with TPG with unlimited ADSL2+, free national / local calls plus 100 minutes of international for $79 per month... Ongoing rates to the UK are $0.0199 per minute.

From the UK I think my parents are with BT friends and family and they can call completely free of charge for calls up to 59mins....

We use voiptalk.org, a UK service provider, and have done for years. I even ran my business lines through them. We put £5 into the account and it usually lasts us for 4-5 months! The call quality down our Adam internet is excellent and you can phone mobiles or landlines and it costs next to nothing. They even give you a free landline number so that folks back home can phone a UK number and be charged UK rates. Even better, if they also subscribe then voip to voip calls are free. You even download their smartphone app and phone from your mobile. I can't recommend them enough!

Course they make money, it may look cheap per minute but multiply that by the number of minutes by the number of users add into the fact there is normally a flag fall ( which is one of the silliest things I've come across here) plus all the line rental

Course they make money, it may look cheap per minute but multiply that by the number of minutes by the number of users add into the fact there is normally a flag fall ( which is one of the silliest things I've come across here) plus all the line rental

I've mentioned this before but if you have a payg mobile then Amaysim don't charge a flagfall and you don't lose your credit once you go into the next month. (Which is another crazy thing that happens over here)

If you have a smartphone and the person in the uk does then u can download an app called viber and call/text for free :)

I've tried Viber and wasn't too impressed with the call quality and that even includes calling mates here in Australia.

Guest Tterrier81

i use voip through adam internet, it costs 7c a minute to call a uk landline, also u can go into ur account on the net and type in the number u want to call and it will instantly tell u how much it is per min

Guest Mitchell
i use voip through adam internet, it costs 7c a minute to call a uk landline, also u can go into ur account on the net and type in the number u want to call and it will instantly tell u how much it is per min

Not sure how you're paying 7c a min as their site quotes 1.1c per min when I check my mums land line. Unless you know poms with expensive phones lol. Also VoIP is free with any Adam naked plan which means no monthly fees :)

Guest Tterrier81
Not sure how you're paying 7c a min as their site quotes 1.1c per min when I check my mums land line. Unless you know poms with expensive phones lol. Also VoIP is free with any Adam naked plan which means no monthly fees :)

my apologies, just checked and its 2c a minute, was 7c when i first signed up