Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public next month

Dawn

Just a quick note reference - Mobile Phone Numbers going Public next month. (Your registration will then expire in five years Feb 2017.) This is for Australian phone numbers REMEMBER: Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public next month. REMINDER all mobile phone numbers are being released toTelemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. Below is a link where you can enter your phone numbers online to put an end to telemarketing calls. Don't just delete those calls otherwise you will find that you have been signed up for all sorts of extra services that you didn't want or know about. Like special Chimes, music etc. HTTPS://www.donotcall.gov.au/ https://www.donotcall.gov.au/dncrtelem/index.cfm

Guest Tterrier81

how will telemarketing companys be able to charge u for ringing u?????? surely this is against the law??? please explain as im having hard trouble believing this

and im also on pay as u go, so if i have no credit how will they be able to charge me??

Guest Ric & Paula
Funnily enough got a phone call tonight on the landline from someone claiming to be from "The Computer Department" about my computer. I told her I was on the Do Not Call Register and she couldn't hang up fast enough! Result!!

Had the same tonight Diane...happened several times now

Guest maadmellie

when did u hear this???? Ive not heard of this at all. All mobile numbers are on a white pages list anyway, where if u ring directory assisstance u can get it. Mine has been taken off this list and i had to pay for it too just like with a silent landline. But nobody i know gets telemarketing on their mobiles. Its bad enough on the landline!!!!!!!!!!!!

This spam has been around for ages in various ways.

You register your number with them and then they have your details to call you when they like.

YOU GAVE THEM YOUR DETAILS so there is no reason not to code call you!

They might not be in Oz or even Adelaide so be warned you can get call at any time of the night and day!!

Hope this stops people registering for this......

Just trying to help.

Rob and Mel