• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree32Likes

Thread: struggling to settle

Its almost 6 mths here for us now...and sadly things are no better for me :-(....Australia just is'nt for me and we have come to a very hard decision to return home in october!! My hubby would still gladly stay but I do not like my life here,its only now I realise just how much I did have at home,but would'nt have known this unless we came! I hope for all who have made this huge discision it will be home and it will work out for them,I have made some nice friends here and we will continue to enjoy our expierence and im so much happier now that I can enjoy it in the knowledge im going home :-)

153 times
      It's very early days so don't beat yourself up about feeling uncertain especially when you've been focussing on being in Australia for so long - the reality can take a while to get used to. Sometimes the idea that is is 'for ever' is overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be for ever .... it might help to tell yourself you are here for a year only .... ie: the time of the your tenancy ... and that you'll try and experience as much as you can in the year and then make a decision about where you will live in the longer term once the year is up.

I hope you feel brighter soon.
      sunnydays and Ric & Paula like this.

Feeling exactly the same as you. We arrived in Nov 2011 and since the end of Jan it hit me. It is very very hard, I only hope that it does get better - my DH and DS have settled and are doing well its just me who is the basket case!! Maybe we should start a struggling to settle club!! LOL
      I hope you do feel better soon - as they say take it a day at a time and the beach walk does help.
      guest9403 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123