The holiday is officially over :(

minty

Hey thats great news. Where are you starting work?

Just with a small electrical company on domestic & commercial but it's a start and a foot in the door. Hopefully will be licensed in a few weeks (unless I screw up the regs course) and will then have more options.

Chris.

Guest Adelaide_bound

That's fab news - :D

It never was a holiday babes, it was the start of a new life, and unfortunately, unless you win the lotto, that includes working :( At least its working with nice weather and a pop to the beach on the way home....:D

That's fab news - :D

It never was a holiday babes, it was the start of a new life, and unfortunately, unless you win the lotto, that includes working :( At least its working with nice weather and a pop to the beach on the way home....:D

Is this my wife in disguise ?

:policeman:

Well are you convinced your still a sparky :shocked:

How did your first day go ?

You going back tomorrow for more :biglaugh:

In truth Ian i cannot believe this country has the nerve to not just give sparkies a license after checking our UK qualifications. The 'standard' is shocking (sorry about the pun).

But as the saying goes, when in Rome !!!!!

Certainly a lot easier here to install so I will learn to adapt and a 3oclock finish can't be bad :)

In truth Ian i cannot believe this country has the nerve to not just give me a license after checking my UK qualifications. The 'standard' is shocking (sorry about the pun).

But as the saying goes, when in Rome !!!!!

Certainly a lot easier here to install so I will learn to adapt and a 3oclock finish can't be bad :)

so you had a good first day lol. My OH is joining you tomorrow at college look out for him his name is Kev.

Guest Barney Rubble
so you had a good first day lol. My OH is joining you tomorrow at college look out for him his name is Kev.

Set a precedence, poms sit at the back like we used to in school.

Smart ones at the back, dummies to the front :wideeyed:

Some of the smaller companies are like that and they get by, now idea how, friends of friends usually.

Make sure a C.o.C is done for any jobs that have a connection made to a power source, you cannot sign it yet though:policeman:

3pm finish is about right for me, for my lunch :sad:

Guest leeannekays

My husband sent his ARTC off and they have emailed saying the will not process it until we are in oz. We have to contact them when we arrive and send them proof of address and passport stamp. Does he enrol with PEER once his ARTC is complete?

Leeanne

My husband sent his ARTC off and they have emailed saying the will not process it until we are in oz. We have to contact them when we arrive and send them proof of address and passport stamp. Does he enrol with PEER once his ARTC is complete?

Leeanne

Hi, yeah I heard they did this sometime last year. I did mine in June of last year and got assessed so it must have been some time after that. It must be annoying as you would rather not wait when you get here.

Chris.