Our 2 year update

Guest The Dimmocks

Guest The Dimmocks

Scary to think that this time 2 years ago we were somewhere between the UK and Australia.

We are still settled in our lives here and brought a house in August last year. We looked at lots and lots and lots of houses in all sorts of areas and there was always something one of us didnt like. We finally found a house which we both liked in an area that we wanted to be in.

Our daugther is enjoying school and has just started year 1. She is getting on great and no issues with her. The boys are at Kindy and love it there (will be sad when they leave in October as I love the Kindy). Our eldest twin has global development delay which was picked up at his 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 check up here. He has always been the "different" one but didnt realise he had so many delays (terrible mother). He has seen lots of people and was picked up by Disability SA who have offered all their services. We have filled out the forms and are awaiting an appointment to get him assessed for autisum so will wait and see what they say. Youngest Twin is loving his life and will be more than ready for school.

Hubby had a few jobs last year after the company he worked for since arriving went into liquidation. We had 5 end of year tax forms to give to tax man!! 4 of those were within 2 and abit months. The first job was something he wasnt keen on doing so found another one, the 2nd one didnt pay well so found another one, the 3rd he walked from. I wasnt happy but when I got home that day he had already got 3 job interviews lined up the following week. He got one of the jobs he went for the interview at and has been there for the last 7 months. He is enjoying it, he is based in Cavan which is a distance from home but they pay well and he car shares with someone from Seaford so the journey isnt to bad.

I have found a part time job at McDonalds in Reynella. Am enjoying it there, it is hard work though and come home knackered most nights. Been there for just over 6 months and I won "best front rookie" for 2011 and got crew member of the month for January.

I went back to the UK just before Christmas as my sister was getting married. I am really glad I was part of her day and so glad I got to see my Grandad as he has had a few stays in hospital since and is not very well. I loved seeing my friends and family but was very happy to come back home.

My mom visited over christmas and she loved it here, it has made her feel a lot better about us living here as she now knows where we live, met our friends and understands why we moved.

All in all we are very happy with our lives.

Sorry for blabbing but my fingers got carried away.

Michelle x

Glad to hear that you have settled, as like you we have been here nearly 2 years.

My wife has days when she is up and down and misses her dad awfully, but on other days she enjoys the aussie lifestyle.

My eldest daughter would go back to the UK given the choice, but she also enjoys her activities that she didn't do in Coventry whilst both my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son are settled (but have the occasional day when they miss grandparents) whilsy my 3 year old has her first pre entry day at kindy tomorrow.

As for myself, I love it here...

Scary to think that this time 2 years ago we were somewhere between the UK and Australia.

We are still settled in our lives here and brought a house in August last year. We looked at lots and lots and lots of houses in all sorts of areas and there was always something one of us didnt like. We finally found a house which we both liked in an area that we wanted to be in.

Our daugther is enjoying school and has just started year 1. She is getting on great and no issues with her. The boys are at Kindy and love it there (will be sad when they leave in October as I love the Kindy). Our eldest twin has global development delay which was picked up at his 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 check up here. He has always been the "different" one but didnt realise he had so many delays (terrible mother). He has seen lots of people and was picked up by Disability SA who have offered all their services. We have filled out the forms and are awaiting an appointment to get him assessed for autisum so will wait and see what they say. Youngest Twin is loving his life and will be more than ready for school.

Hubby had a few jobs last year after the company he worked for since arriving went into liquidation. We had 5 end of year tax forms to give to tax man!! 4 of those were within 2 and abit months. The first job was something he wasnt keen on doing so found another one, the 2nd one didnt pay well so found another one, the 3rd he walked from. I wasnt happy but when I got home that day he had already got 3 job interviews lined up the following week. He got one of the jobs he went for the interview at and has been there for the last 7 months. He is enjoying it, he is based in Cavan which is a distance from home but they pay well and he car shares with someone from Seaford so the journey isnt to bad.

I have found a part time job at McDonalds in Reynella. Am enjoying it there, it is hard work though and come home knackered most nights. Been there for just over 6 months and I won "best front rookie" for 2011 and got crew member of the month for January.

I went back to the UK just before Christmas as my sister was getting married. I am really glad I was part of her day and so glad I got to see my Grandad as he has had a few stays in hospital since and is not very well. I loved seeing my friends and family but was very happy to come back home.

My mom visited over christmas and she loved it here, it has made her feel a lot better about us living here as she now knows where we live, met our friends and understands why we moved.

All in all we are very happy with our lives.

Sorry for blabbing but my fingers got carried away.

Michelle x

So lovely to hear your success story - inspiration for all of us who question our decisions

Keep on enjoying life !

Lisa

Guest wayney34

So nice to hear somone being positive as iv'e had quite a few wobbles after reading a few posts on here. I hope everything continues to go well for you all and I hope we are as happy as you when we get there.

Thanks for sharing your story - sounds like everything has fallen into place and you are enjoying it here.

I found that once parents come over and visit, that they realise what a great country it is to bring up a family in.

Hope things continue to go well.

Sarahx

Great post - beware, parents may like it so much they decide to join you. Our daughter moved here 5 years ago and we arrived last October!