quickie update - 3 weeks in

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

OK, about 3 weeks in now, and LOVING IT SO MUCH!

I know its a little bit false, as we are having a lovely lovely holiday, so not really living life down under as it were, but so love it over here, even with the terribly burnt back and the bank that will be shunned once we settle down (they mucked us around SO much it wasn't funny and cost us a few hundred dollars basically grrrr).

still waiting for Medicare cards, which is frustrating as we need those to get our driver's licenses (we are doing it in WA for long boring reasons), but generally things have been super simple to do (apart from the bank - grrrr again), even if at times you have to go from place to place - when you do have to do this though, they are all in one place and not miles and miles apart and pointlessly hard to do.

Love the people, the weather, the beaches, the sunsets, don't get why people have issues with bacon and/or snags, love all the different types we have tried, learning to run on Island Time as things work suuupppperrrr slow in WA in all ways it seems (restaurants, banks, shopping.....etc etc), but tis good as we have slowed down massively because of this and really relaxed loads, even if some things haven't gone as planned (did I mention the bank? lol).

Living in a camper type thing is different at this age, and certainly an adventure. Hopefully we will actually be able to start our trip for real in a couple of weeks and stop having to keep going back and forward to and from Perth.

Anyway, tipping my hat to all, and once we sort ourselves out fully will try and get back on here some more too :D

Good to hear from you :)

Am envious as am having one of those days/weeks where I just want to be there and be done with it and have the wait over.

I have to say I admire your camper vanning it. I don't know I could do that too long now. I loved it when I was in my teens and 20's but not sure if it would be bearable now. But saying that if the weather is warmer its nicer to be outside.

Looking forward to some pics also :> I should drop you a PM sometime soon also. Must leave a note to myself to do that lol.

Enjoy and hope the banking evil is soon sorted.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Once the husband teaches me how to do things and stops taking blooming pictures of trees (don't ask!) I will pop up some piccies of the new 'house' and the wild roos we have seen already :D And how brown I am getting (yes me, blue white pale skinned girl actually has some colour! Thank god for 35 degrees and hot hot sun :D)

Once the husband teaches me how to do things and stops taking blooming pictures of trees (don't ask!) I will pop up some piccies of the new 'house' and the wild roos we have seen already :D And how brown I am getting (yes me, blue white pale skinned girl actually has some colour! Thank god for 35 degrees and hot hot sun :D)

((((((waves))))) Hope sunburn is better soon

Sarah

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like it's all going brilliantly! Camper van sounds awesome!

We've arrived now, too, and loving it! Although it still feels a bit like a holiday for us at the moment, too. House by the beach, sunny weather and William not started school yet and me not teaching yet, etc. But maybe that's how our life will feel, now? We'll see!

Keep us posted!

Lyn x

Guest Dennic

Hiya, wow sounds great (apart from the bank!) lol, hope you get that bit sorted soon so you can sit back and enjoy. Just wondering where about's your camping? Me & my lot are hopefully coming over in November this year and we are looking at houses on-line to rent but would prefer to look when arrive, being as we go on camping holidays every year it would be a great way for us to start out. Do they have a few camping places?

Thanks Denni ;)

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hiya, wow sounds great (apart from the bank!) lol, hope you get that bit sorted soon so you can sit back and enjoy. Just wondering where about's your camping? Me & my lot are hopefully coming over in November this year and we are looking at houses on-line to rent but would prefer to look when arrive, being as we go on camping holidays every year it would be a great way for us to start out. Do they have a few camping places?

Thanks Denni ;)

Camping is MASSIVE here - the country just seems so much more set up for it, it seems unusual if you don't camp rather than if you do, so happy camping :D

The gear is amazing, the facitilies are amazing, its all round fab basically :D Just need a good mossie/fly repellent :P