Going home....What should I do with Radio Rentals?? Any idea, Please help!!

Guest rodders

Guest rodders

Hi,

After much debate we have decided to go back to the UK. I have some items rented through Radio Rentals, I've been in touch with them and I have to pay remainder of agreement or buy the items to sell. But can't really do either cos we don't have the extra cash to pay out agreement. But even to sell I would still have to pay towards them. But all the cash I have is just enough to get home. Any ideas, would be much appreciated. Thanks

Try to sell them for what the remainder of your contract is on Ebay or Gumtree as they have a buy it now option - well Ebay does anyway. Or someone on here might be interested to buy if you put some dates on when you want it sold by. That sort of thing tends to follow you about and even if you don't plan to come back to live now you never know what will happen in the future. You also ruin the reputation of other overseas people trying to settle in Australia and trying to rent items as they tend to get looked at suspiciously and their terms get altered each time this happens or they increase their costs to others to cover their losses.

Guest Guest75

Sorry ,I might sound old fashioned and grumpy here...:mad:

Manners and Morals...........

This situation is not Radio Rentals fault but YOURS and YOUR DECISION to do the right thing.

We have all complained about the actions of immigrants in the UK.......................... the Aussies have every right here if this goes on.

Conscience might prick as well................:policeman:

Also on an open forum an illegal action is inferred here - from what I read,skipping the country and not paying off rental agreements.......

Sorry but some folk make me ashamed to be of Pommie heritage..........:embarressed:

Guest Guest75
What have I missed? Who's inferred doing something illegal?

Don't want to fall out with you Leigh , but there does seem a strong inference of not abidining by the agreement terms.

Do you want to come back to Australia to live at any time in the future? If the answer is a definite no, then I know what I'd do! :-)

I'm afraid I thought the same as Tyke but perhaps we were being too suspicious lol! What actually was your suggestion Leigh, cos Rodders seemed to be thinking along the same lines and now I'm just confused. (Happens a lot to me but still..)

I knew someone a couple of years ago who must've been in a similar position to Rodders, ie. they went back to the UK and had some agreement with Radio Rentals. Anyway, even though I didn't really know them, they had apparently used my name as a reference. The first I knew of this was when I got a phone call asking whether I knew their whereabouts. I had heard on the grapevine that they had returned to the UK and, it would seem from what RR told me, they had taken whatever they'd got from RR with them!

I would imagine RR would rather you handed the items back or negotiated something with them. I don't know how often this happens but I doubt whether it is that unusual they won't be happy to talk over your options.

And it would be a shame if new arrivals found they were not able to rent from RR because people have basically stolen stuff from them and taken it back to the UK

Hope your return goes well :)

LC

Don't want to fall out with you Leigh , but there does seem a strong inference of not abidining by the agreement terms.

Fall out? Lol I'm not one of these people to take the internetz too seriously. And wouldn't fall out with anyone over anything written on here. :-)

Hi,we are looking to return to the UK as my partner and kids have been unable to settle in Adelaide. We have a number of things on rental from radio rentals but do not want to take them with us. Does anyone how I should go about ending agreement the cheapest way possible.

Thanks

Isn't the first time you've asked the question, were you hoping for a different reply?

I agree with other members you cannot run away from your debts, it may be wise to tidy up any bad credit in the UK you might have before returning per a previous post you made.

Goodluck

I would take it back and lay it out to them. I am sorry, but I can't afford to leave and pay, can we discuss it please...I did some debt management in UK and people's stories are always a bit more than "manners and morals"...just be glad you are not them

I also worked with refugees...again just be glad we arrived the legal way...hope it works no matter how you manage... ;-)

I have to laugh at all the do gooders, do any of you ever download music/tv/etc

We are all criminals in our own way I am sure.

I find that pretty offensive, Nicky T.

If believing that rationalises or makes you feel better about yourself, then go for it but one of the only things I have any power over is my integrity. I absolutely believe in treating people -and organisations- the way I hope to be treated and I do not believe "we are all criminals.."

Excusing obvious theft on the grounds that it probably won't affect the credit rating of the thief ignores the possible effect on future new migrants wanting to rent from RR or any other company.

I understand desperation but surely, as almost everyone has suggested, talk to the company! I would be sooo surprised if a mutually acceptable compromise cannot be found.

Grr and :tongue:

LC

Guest Guest75
I would take it back and lay it out to them. I am sorry, but I can't afford to leave and pay, can we discuss it please...I did some debt management in UK and people's stories are always a bit more than "manners and morals"...just be glad you are not them

I also worked with refugees...again just be glad we arrived the legal way...hope it works no matter how you manage... ;-)

But the inference was to run and leave............... plus look at the posters previous posts mentioning their bad credit history in the UK. I do my homework before posting..................:arghh:

Refugees are a totally different matter,they often hardly have a choice.:notworthy:

We are talking about a situation in a consumerist society "Oh I can't pay this so I'll do a runner" :mad:

Guest Guest75
I find that pretty offensive, Nicky T.

If believing that rationalises or makes you feel better about yourself, then go for it but one of the only things I have any power over is my integrity. I absolutely believe in treating people -and organisations- the way I hope to be treated and I do not believe "we are all criminals.."

Excusing obvious theft on the grounds that it probably won't affect the credit rating of the thief ignores the possible effect on future new migrants wanting to rent from RR or any other company.

I understand desperation but surely, as almost everyone has suggested, talk to the company! I would be sooo surprised if a mutually acceptable compromise cannot be found.

Grr and :tongue:

LC

Like wot she said............................:biglaugh::arghh:

I am glad you do your homework Tyke.

As you will see they were stating they were embarrassed by their deeds...they took a further six plus months to re-ask the Q so I also take it that they have been trying to seek further HELP...

Manners, morals and integrity are all very good notions when you are warm, fed and free from many other stresses that cause many people sleepless nights...such as buggering off back to the worries of dealing with debt collectors in the UK.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH LEAVING AND NOT PAYING...and yes I seen the inference...but we all have to walk our own path and these forums are for help and friendship not for us to pick away at someone's already shattered lives.

I send my best regards to you Tyke and to you also rodders and assure you there is no malice or annoyance in the things I post...unless you are a removal company from Liverpool....lol... ;-)