Migrants and ANZAC Day

Guest Squareman

Will never happen. Just the media stirring things up to make news. Oz is probably the least PC place I've ever been to they say it as it is and so do the politicians.

I think the media had enough news with the Qld election thrashing - the government has chosen to release this report to coincide with that embarrassing result (a year after the report was handed to to them) so there would be something a bit more polarising for people to concentrate on.

Jim

Good point but it will never happen. Aussies just don't put up with that kind of rubbish. It's a country based on immigrants but they are all expected to live Aussie and as the PM said a few weeks back, if any of us don't like it then we can go home as no one forced us to come here.

I think there would be a public outcry if ANZAC Day were affected by the supposed feelings of migrants. I think Australia is far more PC than people seem to believe.

Happy holidays? No more "ho ho ho!". Chalkboards, not blackboards - although we still seem to be ok with whiteboards lol. CE instead of AD. A year ago Canberra apparently banned the use of 'mate' and 'maiden speech' became 'first speech'. And fairy penguins are now, it seems, called little penguins.

These are only silly examples but it seems to me that the PC brigade are alive and well here but maybe I'm just a cynical grumpybum!

LC

Guest Squareman

I wouldn't say it will 'never' happen. There have been many instances where Aussies have buckled to PC pressure. Why don't you guys visit the site and register your support? The media is full of articles again today and migrants are being unfairly targeted

Guest Guest75
I think there would be a public outcry if ANZAC Day were affected by the supposed feelings of migrants. I think Australia is far more PC than people seem to believe.

Happy holidays? No more "ho ho ho!". Chalkboards, not blackboards - although we still seem to be ok with whiteboards lol. CE instead of AD. A year ago Canberra apparently banned the use of 'mate' and 'maiden speech' became 'first speech'. And fairy penguins are now, it seems, called little penguins.

These are only silly examples but it seems to me that the PC brigade are alive and well here but maybe I'm just a cynical grumpybum!

LC

Yep the latter................... but true.

Guest Squareman

Personally, I'm less concerned with PC than I am with the negativity towards migrants that this report has caused. No migrant nation is immune. No-one has catogorised the 'kinds' of migrants that are supposedly anti-ANZAC Day. We have all been lumped into the naughty corner together.......