off to be tattooed today

Guest neeks

Guest Guest5035
or not progressed in their jobs because of this :cool:

mmm, its "i hate my boss" on my forhead thats done it then, or "i don't suck on" my top lip

Stevo

bet Wizzywozza will be on this soon

thought so

Edited by Guest5035
wizzy appeared

Guest moonraker1959

I have a funny story about tattoo's!I'm now 51,and when I was 22 I decided to have a tattoo.I was living in Adelaide at the time,and ventured into the city one day,really just to get an idea of what type of design I was going to go for.I ended up in Hindley St(Yeah I know!!!lol)and was looking in the window of the tatt shop.The tattoo artist came out,and we spoke for a while about designs.I chose a pegasus,and said I would come back another day,as I did'nt have much money on me at the time.He asked how much I had,I replied "5 bucks"!He said "Fine,I'll do it for 5!lol So there I am in the tatt shop,stripped down naked my top half(tattoo was being done on my right breast)and in walked a group of guys.I overheard one of them say "Well it can't hurt that much,she's not crying"lol lol $5 was a bargain,even back then so how could I refuse!!!!I still have that tattoo,and it still looks as good as new! So OP what design did you have and where is it?lol Also what tatt shop did you have it done at?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neeks

well i got my second sitting next week to carry on with my half sleeve,

its very femine and i have had it done it grey shading so its not so in your face,i have had quite a few people comment on it,saying its nice

more worried what my mum will say when she comes in august lol

well i got my second sitting next week to carry on with my half sleeve,

its very femine and i have had it done it grey shading so its not so in your face,i have had quite a few people comment on it,saying its nice

more worried what my mum will say when she comes in august lol

Hi Anneka where did you go? my OH has a half and a 3/4 sleeve plus others which he got done by same artist in UK so is looking to finding someone here, had a Friday 13th one done last week at Tattoo This which he was pleased with, but is always open to recommendations.

Sarah

Guest neeks

hi Sarah,

i had mine done on jetty road glenelg,its expensive there but the artists are amazing,im due to have my second sittin done next tuesday and have another 3-4 after that

you walk in and it smells clean etc,been to look round a few,they were cheaper but i wasnt happy with photos of work they had done etc,i used to work in a tattoist so no what im looking for

hi Sarah,

i had mine done on jetty road glenelg,its expensive there but the artists are amazing,im due to have my second sittin done next tuesday and have another 3-4 after that

you walk in and it smells clean etc,been to look round a few,they were cheaper but i wasnt happy with photos of work they had done etc,i used to work in a tattoist so no what im looking for

thanks for that, have walked past that one often, went to the tattoo convention last month but werernt many artists there, had heard Jetty road was expensive, tho OH paid $150ph at Tattoo This. Yours sounds like a lot of work..good luck with the pain!

Guest cazzie

No, they definitely don't. I prefer plain old beautiful skin myself. I just can't take to tattoos no matter how arty. But I appreciate that others do, so que sera. I have discouraged my sons from having them - they are 24 and 22 now and still don't have them, so I hope that continues.

Love LynSteve's comment - so funny!

I saw a woman at Hallett Cove shopping centre with what looked like a tattooed beard - it was so strange I couldn't stop myself looking. I guess most people don't regret them but the boom in laser tattoo removal adverts show that many must.

Guest neeks

Had my first at 17,and all original designs

Don't want the same as anyone else so no copying for me

It's all down to personnel choice some hate tattoos others like me like them

I don't regret any and I like to be different,mine can be hidden if need to be

I had one done at Jetty Road - won't use them again.

Ink Kings at McLaren Vale have a very, very good reputation - not used them myself but have seen lots of their work.

Lady with beard tattoo ......... prob a Kiwi ...... very common amongst the Maoris.

Both of my kids (25 and 27) have tattoos - their choice, they are adults.

Guest cazzie
tattooed beard ? lol

I know - just bizarre. She was being served at the PO and then the PO woman spoke to me about it and said that it was the strangest tattoo she had ever seen. Poor woman!

Guest cazzie
I had one done at Jetty Road - won't use them again.

Ink Kings at McLaren Vale have a very, very good reputation - not used them myself but have seen lots of their work.

Lady with beard tattoo ......... prob a Kiwi ...... very common amongst the Maoris.

Both of my kids (25 and 27) have tattoos - their choice, they are adults.

Wow! Thanks for that information - puts a whole new light onto that woman - maybe she was proud of it then. Just shows that we judge by appearances (like I did!) sometimes.

Yes, your sons are adults and it's their choice. Let's hope they don't regret them. :wink:

Hi saw this the other day,

"The only difference between people with tattoos and people without is that we don't judge you for not having tattoos"

Regrets on getting a tattoo, yep the first one, the place got reccomended by heaps of people when I was back in the UK, just a fairly small one at the time I thought it was the best thing in the world, well years later you realize that you do make mistakes when you are young,

The smudge since has been covered up, by a new one that now compliments the other couple i have had done,

The new tattoos i wouldnt change at all, love everyone of them

Sometimes research can help other times it does not, the last tattoo artist i had been to has been trained,years ago also won awards and also got reccomended- top fella, the only shame is he is in the Uk, but apparently i dont need any more, what i have is enough :),

:) son and daughter .......... in fact my daughter has more than my son! .......... but not as many as me ..... I'm a 53 year old mother and grandmother and you can't see any of mine unless you know where to look so people judge me as a 53 year old granny, I do a mans job in a steel factory and look older than my years, and yet they are constantly surprised by me ..... which could explain why my best friend is a 28 year old, lawyer who does not have any tattoos!

I never judge people by their looks!

Guest neeks

glad to see some of you can see past the artwork,

being a woman i have had people ask me why do i like them,

for me it makes me who i am,i am different to others and i am proud of it,my tattoos are all nice and femine i am not like Amy winehouse lol,

in this day and age tattoos are everywhere

glad to see some of you can see past the artwork,

being a woman i have had people ask me why do i like them,

for me it makes me who i am,i am different to others and i am proud of it,my tattoos are all nice and femine i am not like Amy winehouse lol,

in this day and age tattoos are everywhere

You look good with them Anneka, if you don't mind me saying. :notworthy:

Guest Barney Rubble

I've been trolling the websites for a good English Lion . . . . . carrying the Cross of Saint George.

Best so far was St. George on a horse slaying the dragon, looks a bit too big (ok so pain may come into this) and i only want the one.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Not into clubs or teams, just love my heratige.

On the good side they'll have a clean canvas to work on :biglaugh: