sold our house.

Guest brookesy

Guest brookesy

Cant believe it,we cant come out to adelaide till feb, so we thought due to the housing market in uk we will put house on market will give us 12 months to sell it.

Five days after house going on rightmove had an offer put in for full asking price, my wife and myself gobsmacked then it dawned on us we will have to get a rental for the last 8-9months in this country. at least this will give us a rental history to take with us to adelaide.

We wish we could go earlier but need to stay here till next year for wife and eldest to finish uni/college.

When I spoke to the estate agent about the fast sale he said house was priced right for area/market, it was the second house they had sold in our immediate area where the family are going to oz. Sorry about the dis jointed post my mind is in adelaide alas the body still remains in wet Manchester.

Brookesy:arghh:

TEN MONTH COUNTDOWN

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Congratulations! At least if it all goes through now you won't have the stress of the house to deal with when you're leaving, that's one big thing less to worry about.

Brilliant news! That's a huge weight off your mind, I should think!

We didn't complete on our house sale until 2 weeks before we flew out and it was the most stressful part of the whole process...had to book our flights and ship all our furniture before we'd even exchanged contracts because of OH's new job here.

If this house sale goes through smoothly then you won't have any of that stress and if (dare I say it?) it doesn't go through then you've still got plenty of time to get it sorted.

Win win, I think! Well done!

Good luck!

Lyn x

Well done however if your house is well presented, realistically priced and in a good area then it should sell quickly. Property values have gone down in the uk and only some estate agents allow for this when putting a value on your house. Our 1st house sold in 12 hours as we priced it to sell but also ensured that we sold through an agent who had people wanting our type of property. Most agents will give a value you want to hear ie flatter you rather than give you the bad news that the property has lost value or will not sell for what you expect meaning your more likely to go to the next agent.

S

Guest brookesy

Thanks to you all for your kind posts.....To Misplaced I know how you feel we tried to sell our house 2 years ago but ended up renting it out, it will all work out,just keep that picture of adelaide and your new life in your head,when things go sideways at times.

Brookesy

Well done however if your house is well presented, realistically priced and in a good area then it should sell quickly. Property values have gone down in the uk and only some estate agents allow for this when putting a value on your house. Our 1st house sold in 12 hours as we priced it to sell but also ensured that we sold through an agent who had people wanting our type of property. Most agents will give a value you want to hear ie flatter you rather than give you the bad news that the property has lost value or will not sell for what you expect meaning your more likely to go to the next agent.

S

To be honest we have priced within the range of houses that are similar in our area. As for the Estate Agents there are 5 or 6 in our local town all who have 'hot boxes'. If there are people looking to buy in a certain area, for a certain price and property type they will be on all the Estate Agents 'hot boxes', so the point of going for an Estate Agent that has people looking for a certain type of property in my mind doesn't really fit with me.

We are confident that we have done our homework and it really is now a time of waiting - we could drop the price further but we know that houses similar to ours are selling for what we are asking or above.

Thanks for the advice though it has made us think have we thought of everything and we think we have.

Mis

Thanks to you all for your kind posts.....To Misplaced I know how you feel we tried to sell our house 2 years ago but ended up renting it out, it will all work out,just keep that picture of adelaide and your new life in your head,when things go sideways at times.

Brookesy

Thanks Brooksey - it just takes that one person but I wish that one person would get a move on :arghh:

Guest brookesy

Misplaced

When are you thinking of going over, I was in your neck of the woods on sunday (pleasure beach), it was really quite kids enjoyed it got back in time for the second half of the match.........Good day all round.

Brookesy