Wanted in OZ

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Well guys I have taped "wanted in OZ" for the last few weeks and decided tonight to cacth up

1st off am really jealous of those people who are given job offers before they get there (that is my biggest fear, Stephen not getting a job in the field he loves)

2nd there was a family who went to victor harbour, love it after 1month and after 3 months decided to go back to uk:err:

3rd If you don't like the area you first choose why not look at other areas

are we in the minority who feel that we need to go for minimum of 3years before we consider giving up:confused::confused: after all it costs a lot to get there

Guest Libby1971

Hi honey

Until you are here and feeling what you are feeling, it is very hard to say what you should do.

Everyone knows the theory that you should give it 1-2 years before going back but in reality, the heartbreak for some is just too much. And I think it takes a lot more courage to go back and admit that it wasn't for them. I think it is much better in fact for some than to stay and struggle on when it clearly isn't for them.

I took part in the series and there were no job offers. It just made better TV if it was said that we had job offers rather than 'we've arranged for you to spend a day doing your job down under and seeing if you like it'.

The family in Victor Harbor did try Melbourne as well but still were unhappy. Therefore they did go home.

I am currently going stir crazy...I worked until March last year when we finished term, worked form July-Oct and then apart from 6 days supply teaching, I haven't worked since. Doing my head in !!!!!!

Libby

PS I am having a change a career, stuff having principles

A career change eh Lib?? Whatcha gonna do - chief wine taster at Woodstock??:P:biglaugh: Sorry Jacqueline, back to what you were saying. We've been here for seven months now and although we've had the occasional wobble, we're pretty happy so far. But Libby's right(!), it does take courage to admit you've made a mistake, not everyone will be happy when they get here. Better to make admit you've made an (expensive) mistake and go back than to hang on grimly for a couple of years and be completely miserable. Just my opinion though.:)

If you can afford to come over for a reccie, it really is a must. Its such a costly mistake if once you get here you decide its not for you. Research, research, research is a must.

From the U.K though there are a couple of options for employment, one being www.h2h.com.au these guys put you in touch with just about everyone you will need to know before you get here from recruitment agencies to long term rentals.

Judi x

Guest maxxangel
Sorry guys didn't mean to insult anyone with my thoughts

Don't think I will watch that show any more though as I dont't think they show "the full story"

I have stopped watching it lately as well. One reason is because it just depresses me being so close to going yet so far. The other is because, as you say, I'm not sure you get the full picture and I often wonder how up to date the episode I'm watching is. Costs of living and house prices seem to have changed so much in just a year.

Cara

Guest caoimhe
Hello, i am new to the site and was just wondering what chanel i can find 'wanted in oz' or have i missed it?

thanks Lou

Hi Welcome to PIA

Dont know if it is still on but it was BBC1 at 09.15

Hope you enjoy the site

Guest maxxangel
Hello, i am new to the site and was just wondering what chanel i can find 'wanted in oz' or have i missed it?

thanks Lou

Hi Lou,

it's actually called "Wanted Down Under" and as caoimhe says it's usually on weekday mornings at 9.15am (BBC1).