Not your average Homesickness Thread.....

Guest ladyarkles

Guest ladyarkles

I admit it, I am homesick.

I want to go home.

I miss my local area, my friends and, most of all, my home.

I miss knowing where everything is, I miss the public transport, the people - even the TV shows that I watch.

I miss the weather, the food, the language, the bloody politicians and the newspapers.

Oh GOD!

I need to get back to Adelaide.

It is lovely in Singapore, I am having a fabulous honeymoon with my wonderful hubby but......

I want to be at home; which is now Adelaide (well, Glenelg to be exact).

Funny, innit? Who'd a thunk that only 5 months after arriving in Oz I could already miss it when I went away?

Anyway, we leave tomorrow, arrive back in Adelaide on Sat morning and that will be our PR activated - after that, I never need to leave Oz again.

Phew.

As the old saying goes, home is where the heart is. Australia has stolen my heart and is refusing to give it back.

That suits me just fine.

See you soon.

Rachel xxx