Things to do first on arrival

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

I've made a list of to do things, can anyone tell me if there is anything that i've missed.

Our list is:

Activate our bank account

Sort out our driving licences

Medicare

Tax file number

Register the darlings at school!!

Visit Tafe so Garry can see the minefield that he needs to go through to get his plumbing qualifications converted

I think thats as far as we are at the moment.

Thanks

Vikki

Regarding the plumbing at TAFE,

Gary would be better sending Graig Patterson an email making a booking to see him.

It might take a couple of weeks to find a slot so if you can get a jump on the list all the better.

Here is his email...craig.patterson@tafesa.edu.au

If you need any help on the plumbing drop me a PM when you get here.

Rob and Mel

I wouldn't rush about trying to do every thing ASAP.

Just do one thing a day or every other day most things can be done on line or over the phone Tax numbers etc.

We just took things steady and everything just fell into place within 2-3 weeks, that way there is no stress and most people here wont do today what can be tomorrow.

Join the club and go with the flow.

Guest Django

I agree with Trevorpayne. When you get here the first thing you need to do is relax and get over the jet lag. I would do the TFNs in the first few days then just have some 'you time'. You have 3 months to do your driving licences and your entitlements will be back dated to the day you land. The bank can be done on a trip to the city so you can take a few minutes out from visit to Central Market or Rundle Mall perhaps.

There really is no need to 'hit the ground running' as many people think. So long as you take some time out to house hunt then you'll be fine. As for schools you need to be certain where you are going to live first. We thought we would be living in Hallett Cove when before we arrived. However after the first few weeks having seen the areas first hand we knew Woodcroft was where we wanted to be.

One thing I would add to your list is 'buy a car'.

Guest vikkiann

Thanks Rob, thats really helpful.

Django ... We do plan to look for a car and a job at some point. I do like the idea of slowing down though!

Thanks guys. xx