(I'm cross posting this in two sections of the forum as I wasn't sure where it was best to put it! )

Hi my name is Rosie, I'm 32 years old with two girls aged 4 and 7. After my SIL made the move to Perth two years ago and my sister's good friend has just moved out to Adelaide it has always been at the back of my mind about what it would be like to live in your part of the world in comparison to the UK. We have never even visited Australia before and due to finances we would have to make the move blind as finances won't stretch to a holiday for the four of us.

I would love to hear about teachers who have moved out to Australia and how it compares to the UK (working hours/conditions etc/job availability) My husband is a head of a Science department in a secondary school here in the UK. Would it be possible to apply for jobs before moving out for example? My husband would be very wary of moving without a job in place first! How does teaching in Australia contrast to teaching in the UK? Do pensions work in the same way as they do in the UK?! What are wages like? Are you glad you made the move?
If any teachers are willing to share their experience I would be very grateful!