Flights booked, accommodation booked in Christies Beach...We are really doing this!!!

Guest AngPhil

Guest AngPhil

We have finally booked our flights. We are leaving the UK on the 29th July and we are flying from Manchester to Heathrow and then on to Singapore. We are having 3 nights in Singapore (mainly because I hate flying so much I need a break from the valium and wine) and arrive in Adelaide on 3rd August.

We have booked our short term let in Christies Beach for 6 weeks. If there are any boys around 8 or 12 that would like a new pommie friend our two would be over the moon.

Paul is on the PEER course on 13th August, so he is busy doing his workbook.

I've even told my Mum and no tears.

We are going from extreme excitement to hysteria, is this normal?

Hi I'm in Christies beach. Where about is your short term rental I can go a drive by and tell you what it looks like also what school is your boys going to. Christies beach doesn't have a brilliant reputation over here so just think about your options firstly. I have a girl of 10 qnda 4 year old boy. Christies beach os a brilliant base to start with everything on your doorstep. If you need anything give us a shout . Look forward to meeting you in august :)

Guest AngPhil
Hi I'm in Christies beach. Where about is your short term rental I can go a drive by and tell you what it looks like also what school is your boys going to. Christies beach doesn't have a brilliant reputation over here so just think about your options firstly. I have a girl of 10 qnda 4 year old boy. Christies beach os a brilliant base to start with everything on your doorstep. If you need anything give us a shout . Look forward to meeting you in august :)
thank you, i will pm you.

Hi

What you're going through is completely normal so don't worry. We are in Christies Beach as well and have been here in this area for nearly two and half years. Is very central to a lot of stuff. My eldest, will have just turned 9 when you get here but I am sure he would like to meet another boy of similar age and in the same area.

As for Christies Beach school, the high school does leave a little to be desired but as with all schools, there is a mix of good and bad. As for the Primary, Charlie goes there and he loves it and my daughter is about to go there as well. I have had no problems with the school at all.

If you fancy a meet up or need anything, when you get here, just pm me.

Good luck with it all

Niki

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I live in Christies beach we have been here nearly 9 months my oldest goes to Christies high school shes enjoying it as far as schools go she's in year 9 got given a brand new lap top for free...she had a few problems at start with one girl but girls can e a lot worse then boys but she's happy there now and doesn't want to move ... Where about are you staying? Bring warm clothes in July as it's cold now so god knows what it's going to be like then brrrrrrr.......... Carolyn

Guest AngPhil
Hi I live in Christies beach we have been here nearly 9 months my oldest goes to Christies high school shes enjoying it as far as schools go she's in year 9 got given a brand new lap top for free...she had a few problems at start with one girl but girls can e a lot worse then boys but she's happy there now and doesn't want to move ... Where about are you staying? Bring warm clothes in July as it's cold now so god knows what it's going to be like then brrrrrrr.......... Carolyn

Thanks for this, it's great to hear that your daughter has settled in. We are staying on the Esplanade near the sailing club. Thanks for the heads up about the weather, we'll pack some jumpers. It has been between about 4 and 15 degrees in Yorkshire at the moment, so we'll be ready for the cold weather. :biggrin:

Guest leeannekays

Hi Angphil, we have been here9 days and loving it. Before we left the uk we found it exhausting emotionally, I struggled. One minute I was fine then I was over come with tears, then stressed, then happy. On a roller coaster. But now were here, it's fab. Our feet haven't touched the ground as trying to set everything up and check things out before our children wen to school and we secured. Rental etc. We have enrolled our children in a lovely school and they start Monday. We have secured a long term rental to. It is worth it xxxxx leeanne xxxx

Guest AngPhil
Hi Angphil, we have been here9 days and loving it. Before we left the uk we found it exhausting emotionally, I struggled. One minute I was fine then I was over come with tears, then stressed, then happy. On a roller coaster. But now were here, it's fab. Our feet haven't touched the ground as trying to set everything up and check things out before our children wen to school and we secured. Rental etc. We have enrolled our children in a lovely school and they start Monday. We have secured a long term rental to. It is worth it xxxxx leeanne xxxx

Thanks Leeanne, I'm so glad you are settling settled. I can't believe we have under 3 months left in the UK, I am excited one minute, scared the next and the upset after that. I have just been replaced after 11 years at work, which was a great feeling (oddly). xxx

Thanks Leeanne, I'm so glad you are settling settled. I can't believe we have under 3 months left in the UK, I am excited one minute, scared the next and the upset after that. I have just been replaced after 11 years at work, which was a great feeling (oddly). xxx

Hi,

I am currently going through exactly the same emotions as you describe.

We fly out from Heathrow on the 28th July ! The time is ticking down ridiculously quick now.

Good luck with it all going smoothly

Lisa

Guest Paula H

Leeanne, you will have to post an update on here.

xx

AngPhil,

dead excited for you. We will be out in Sept and cant wait, we are coming with our three kiddies and that is my worry about them settling in x

Guest AngPhil
AngPhil,

dead excited for you. We will be out in Sept and cant wait, we are coming with our three kiddies and that is my worry about them settling in x

Let me know if fancy meeting up when you arrive our oldest are the same age. x

Guest Jennet

hi which school have they been enrolled in, we will be in seaford rise on the 5th july

thanks

Guest leeannekays

Hi Jennet, we have secured a long term rental in Seaford. Walking distance from the school, Kindy, shops, beach, and lots of other local things. The school and Kindy is Moana.

Leeanne xx

Guest Jennet
Hi Jennet, we have secured a long term rental in Seaford. Walking distance from the school, Kindy, shops, beach, and lots of other local things. The school and Kindy is Moana.

Leeanne xx

hi

I have contacted them, my friends daughters went to that school and when we were over in 2002 my eldest two went there to visit, the teachers were fab and so friendly my eldest daughter who was 5 at the time spent over two weeks there she loved going and the teachers were happy for her to join in. when we came home the class teacher got all the class kids to draw and write a message to my daughter she post them to our home address too, we still have the letters so funny to look at now, i'm sure the same teacher is still there. I hope to get my youngest who is 7 in that school, we need to be in the zone and show proof, it wasn't zoned before.

you have gone to a good place and a good choice of school they do beach studies etc

good luck to you all

Guest Ledges

Such an exciting time...you are very wise to know your kids settling will be key but hey they are good ages so and going from what other people with kids of that age have experienced you shouldn't have too much trouble. Christies is a very handy location. Be prepared for cold weather when you get here....we arrived in Sept and were totally unprepared for it to be properly cold. Make sure the kids know its our December to manage their expectations. We have a monthly meetup every 1st Sunday of the month ..its 3pm at The Uniting Church Building at Hallett Cove. Lots of people have made good long lasting friends through this so pop along if you can. We'd love to meet you.