Anyone got a jet ski

Markrw

I have got 2 people to chose from to get a ski one imports them and has a few skis to chose from the other is a dealer in Adelaide, the import is cheaper and probably the servicing too. The dealer I have been looking at can take you for a ride from what I have been told and not on a ski either...lol just wondering if anyone had got a ski and had any issues with were they had bought the ski.

Guest ausieman

Hi , u can pick up a second hand jet ski for around $5000 aust, most common problem with these is the starter motors

wich are on the bottom of the motor , so unless u a mechanic , it will cost u a packet to get fixed, kawasaki or yamaha

motor cycles can fix, ive just paid out about $600 to get a starter motor from interstate and get it fitted.

u also need a boat licence to ride them legally. also buy an older 2 stroke jet ski, they are cheaper to run

. the newer ones you will pay heaps for it and cost u about $60 petrol per hour to run not to mention the oil they need

about $50 for 4lt ( mine is a yamaha 760cc 1991 model, goes hard ,looks modern, heaps of fun) Cheers from ausieman.

Hi , u can pick up a second hand jet ski for around $5000 aust, most common problem with these is the starter motors

wich are on the bottom of the motor , so unless u a mechanic , it will cost u a packet to get fixed, kawasaki or yamaha

motor cycles can fix, ive just paid out about $600 to get a starter motor from interstate and get it fitted.

u also need a boat licence to ride them legally. also buy an older 2 stroke jet ski, they are cheaper to run

. the newer ones you will pay heaps for it and cost u about $60 petrol per hour to run not to mention the oil they need

about $50 for 4lt ( mine is a yamaha 760cc 1991 model, goes hard ,looks modern, heaps of fun) Cheers from ausieman.

Hi Ausieman. If I went into part ownership with someone, would we both have to have seperate boat licences, or is it the jet ski that is licenced so anyone can ride it ?

Cheers Paul

Guest ausieman

hey paul

everyone who ridesthe ski needs a licence ( legally ) , its the person riding needs to belicenced and the jetski and trailer ( most will come with trailer )

will need to beregistered, you can pick up a boat licence rules study book from dept motor regor study online.( then sit test)

wait theresmore; Fresh water is allways best forthese machines ie'> river murray or if taking out in ocean , make sure yougive a good flush

( with fresh water ) when finished playing with the waves,salt water not to good for the engines, but if flush well all should be ok.

Be carefull in the event of a tip over ( up side down )there should be instructions on wich way to tip the boat up the right way(,atthe back of the boat)

the wrong way willdamage the motor. look for a trickle charge battery charger, keeps thosevehicals charged up when not using for a while.

google jetskiworld,queensland best place for parts. good luck on your adventure,from ausieman.

Hi ausieman I knew about the boat licence which I have now but I have been looking at the seadoo as you know they have the closed cooling system with a auto cut off if you did capsize the ski. I do not know much about the mechanics how ever but have been informed of a dealer for bikes and skis can take you for a ride when it comes to the servicing of them.

I know to keep the engine in good condition would be to keep them in the Murray but we live close to Moana so would like to get the ski in the sea.

I was told by someone the supercharged skis would take a lot to fill and could empty very quickly if you riding the ski long and hard.

I will have a look around for the skis you have recommended but thanks for you reply food for thought.