Is this normal??????

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

:arghh::arghh:It is bad enough lying in bed at night wondering if we will get our visa, will it work out, will the kids settle, will hubby get a job,are we really doing the best thing and then this evening I turn on the news to be told that not only have houses prices in NI fallin by 20grand by the end of last year but it is expected they will fall another 20grand.

Is there anyone else out there living and breathing thoughts of Australia, I can't seem to think of anything else (unless its fixing the house up to sell for Australia). I am driving myself slowly mad, is this normal?????

Guest poms in skegness

My husband must think moving to Australia is the only topic of conversation i have.

Find myself sat at work daydreaming about what my next thing to do is and all the conversations I have with my little boy (who is 7 on Friday) is about when we get to Adelaide. I have even found my self telling him that he can't really buy any more toys as we can't take them with us.......Poor Child!!!

So, in answer to your question....You are not alone!!!!:wacko:

Jo

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:i'm glad there is someone else out there like me, i'm driving everyone mad, other half wont get excited until weve got our visa, think he's scared to come home in case ive tackled another diy project to get the house ready to sale:arghh:the kids luckily talk about nothing else and cant wait to get to the scate park in adelaide, with every hurdle we pass the excitement gets worse, the stupid police checks havnt come back yet, im sure theyve made a decision on the visa, , but arnt going to tell us till they've seen the police checks:SLEEP:

Guest caoimhe

jacqui's other half here.... yeah she is driving me NUTS :arghh: and i am sure i not the only other half out there...... every sentence starts with..... something to do with meds, visa's or what can we bring....... only a few months left though (he say hopefully) :D:D

Not wanting to be the harbinger of doom but it dosn't get any better once you have got the visa and sold the house. You just move onto is the container organized, how about the flights, Transit hotel, EXCHANGE RATE!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: ect ect and so on

There is no end in sight. :mad: Prehaps those in oz might tell us when it settles down?:GEEK:

Guest Leanne & Mark

Doubt it !! it will be Does that price compare??, wouldn't get that in uk!!! now if we were still in uk we'll be stuck doin such and such.:biglaugh:

Oh dear i can see me now!!

i know exactly where you are coming from!

it's like only i am interesting in the whole oz thing because ashley never talks about it!!!

i had to kick him all the way through it to where we are now - well, someone has to hold the leash ;) - and everything is working to a quite tight deadline really otherwise it will get very costly. you know: apply for the right things at the right time, have all the documents ready, get the house ready, get it sold, research for places to stay and work, write cv's, kids care, when to hand in notice, bills, ....you know what i am talking about :v_SPIN: - that's all on my mind :wacko: - can you top this :biglaugh:

we can't let things happening influence us because they are happening anyways.

so do your best and things will be fine!

Guest caoimhe
i know exactly where you are coming from!

it's like only i am interesting in the whole oz thing because ashley never talks about it!!!

i had to kick him all the way through it to where we are now - well, someone has to hold the leash ;) -!

Stepehn worked so hard for the TRA after that it was up to me. Just because we can't do anyting about it doesn't stop us thinking and breathing it

I know I might be a bit premature in trying to sort out things but I need to be doing something.

When I have the house looking like a normal home:biglaugh: and ready for sale I think I will be banging my head of the walls while I wait

Wouldn't it be great to be a man and just turn up when requested:nah:

OH and why do they NOT understand that colour schemes are MORE important when your selling than staying:confused:

once i've kicked hard enough ashley worked hard for the tra too :biglaugh:

don't bother with colours just plain white or creamy colour - the new owners will repaint it anways!!

just get it up on the market! - mine's gone up today in the morning and it's phewwww nice! not thinking about diy for a day :jiggy:

hi everyone - adelaide is all we live and breathe at the mo, even at work i just can'twait to be somewhere else, the waiting is awful but as long as it happens eventually i'll try and stay sane till then

:v_SPIN:

Guest Libby1971

My heart goes out to all of you - it is the waiting that is the killer and it is especially hard at the end, when you know everything is in, and all you are waiting for is the final decision.

When the call comes, it is a massive sense of relief and achievement. And then the fun/ chaos really begins.

Take care and vent on here, we all understand!

Libby

Guest sprayer

We feel the same. We are awaiting our new passports back so we can apply for the visa. It seems to be taking for ever to get them. We have put house on the market last Saturday and I am already stressed because no viewers. I have lost interest in work and Hubby hates his job because since the skills have been passed it has been very tense at work for him. His boss has been supportive but he works for small company and his workmate and boss has started being funny with him and giving him all the rubbish jobs to do. Last week he called me to say he was walking out. I called our agent to ask what to do and she said he should really stay there because it could harm the visa. More pressure:arghh:. The kids dont seem to understand the meaning of waiting. My eldest son who is 11 thinks he is going tommorrow. When I ask him about homework he says it doesnt matter because he is leaving this country. He thinks he will spend all day in Oz surfing. My youngest son who is 6 keeps asking what will happen to all his toys. He wants to pack them now so he knows they are safe. This may be because when we moved house 3 years ago we threw away alot of his toys because they where broken. When he asked for them we told him they got lost. He hasnt forgot that since.:arghh:

Guest The Wise Family
hi everyone - adelaide is all we live and breathe at the mo, even at work i just can'twait to be somewhere else, the waiting is awful but as long as it happens eventually i'll try and stay sane till then

:v_SPIN:

Yes I can totally relate to everything you said. Before I go to work, I first check our on-line status and email, then have a quick look on the forums for any news and finally check out the webcam of adelaide skyline to see what sort of day it been. Oh and not to forget that before I can leave I usually have to de-ice my mini!!! I need to get out more. Here's to living the dream one day.

Gina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Hadleys
:arghh::arghh:It is bad enough lying in bed at night wondering if we will get our visa, will it work out, will the kids settle, will hubby get a job,are we really doing the best thing and then this evening I turn on the news to be told that not only have houses prices in NI fallin by 20grand by the end of last year but it is expected they will fall another 20grand.

Is there anyone else out there living and breathing thoughts of Australia, I can't seem to think of anything else (unless its fixing the house up to sell for Australia). I am driving myself slowly mad, is this normal?????

sO glad to hear I'm not only one, I go to bed thinking of Ozz wake up thinking of Ozz, all I talk about is Ozz. basically I am just existing until we get that call. We too are tarting up our house ready to be put on the market, so my dear you are not alone.