Going Home

Guest weelou

Guest weelou

What would do you do when you don't share your hubbys enthusiasm on going home to Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am settling now, just finished a course and working. My kids are 50/50 would stay here but want to go home to. My hubby does not like it here says its not what its all cracked up to be.

We rent our house out and we are going to be morgage free next March, we both had good jobs back home working full time, kids were settled in school with good group of friends and we had a good life going abroad 3 times a year and going away every second weekend in our caravan.

We have came here and my hubby who is a brickie has struggled for work, my skills havn't been recognised and its so expensive to live here. I have also found out from my older kids school that SACE is only recognised in SA so our plans was to stay 2 years to see how we settle then if we was we would go for citizeanship, but with no work, just working to pay bills, low social life and my kids education is really going to suffer we are going home only thing I am struggling to come to terms of going. I know where my hubby is coming from and there is more pro's in Scotland but so love the sun, outdoor life and can plan outings...but am out numbered....lol but I think we will just slip straight back into our old life with schools, friends and work.

:arghh:

What would do you do when you don't share your hubbys enthusiasm on going home to Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am settling now, just finished a course and working. My kids are 50/50 would stay here but want to go home to. My hubby does not like it here says its not what its all cracked up to be.

We rent our house out and we are going to be morgage free next March, we both had good jobs back home working full time, kids were settled in school with good group of friends and we had a good life going abroad 3 times a year and going away every second weekend in our caravan.

We have came here and my hubby who is a brickie has struggled for work, my skills havn't been recognised and its so expensive to live here. I have also found out from my older kids school that SACE is only recognised in SA so our plans was to stay 2 years to see how we settle then if we was we would go for citizeanship, but with no work, just working to pay bills, low social life and my kids education is really going to suffer we are going home only thing I am struggling to come to terms of going. I know where my hubby is coming from and there is more pro's in Scotland but so love the sun, outdoor life and can plan outings...but am out numbered....lol but I think we will just slip straight back into our old life with schools, friends and work.

:arghh:

My OH is a brickie and he's really struggling for work, the odd job here and there it's a nightmare. He's applied for loads of labouring jobs but when he speaks to the agents things sound promising & then nothing. Unemployment figures are obviously way out because there are so many people out of work who are not entitled to any benefits so are not registered as unemployed. We still rent our house in UK and if we'd not spent so much money coming to Australia would have been mortgage free. My OH had loads of work during our first year here so we went ahead & bought a house and now have a mortgage double what we had in UK. There are loads of brickies who have been here years who are struggling for work so any newbies don't stand a chance. Just hoping things will pick up sooner rather than later.