Gas Heating.Recommendations please.

sueoc

Hi,

Well it looks like Winter is just around the corner,so we are pondering on the idea of having some form of Gas Heating installed.We have a connection in the living room,so there is an option for a fire or Tower unit there.We have evap cooling in all rooms,so can this system be adapted and utilised to offer reverse cycle heat/cool?Anyone been down the same road?Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.We have not completely abandoned the idea of installing a wood burner in the living room.Also,can you get portable calor gas heaters here,like you get in the UK?Thanks.

Guest tinkham_lee

our house has got ducted evap cooling and ducted gas heating, its fantastic and much cheaper to run than reverse cycle, we turn the heating on in the morning and within 5 mins the whole house is very warm, its thermostat controlled and is sectioned so we can turn the heat off in the bedrooms so were not heating rooms were not using. with this combination you do have separate ducting for the heating and cooling.

Guest ReadyPenny
our house has got ducted evap cooling and ducted gas heating, its fantastic and much cheaper to run than reverse cycle, we turn the heating on in the morning and within 5 mins the whole house is very warm, its thermostat controlled and is sectioned so we can turn the heat off in the bedrooms so were not heating rooms were not using. with this combination you do have separate ducting for the heating and cooling.

We have the same and we love it too! First time we have had it as we have only just bought our place but really looking forward to a nice warm winter :) I can put you in touch with a good plumber (gas and water) if you like. The ducted gas is much more efficient than the reverse cycle. Last year our house had gas wall mounted heaters in two rooms and our winter bill was $550, it was lovely and warm but only in those rooms ( we used it around 8 hours per day). I am assured that this year, the whole house will be warm for the same or even less money!! To have a fully installed system with ducts/vents in almost every room of a 4 bed 2 bath house cost my friend $4000 fully installed.

We have the same and we love it too! First time we have had it as we have only just bought our place but really looking forward to a nice warm winter :) I can put you in touch with a good plumber (gas and water) if you like. The ducted gas is much more efficient than the reverse cycle. Last year our house had gas wall mounted heaters in two rooms and our winter bill was $550, it was lovely and warm but only in those rooms ( we used it around 8 hours per day). I am assured that this year, the whole house will be warm for the same or even less money!! To have a fully installed system with ducts/vents in almost every room of a 4 bed 2 bath house cost my friend $4000 fully installed.
Thank you for this information,will PM you.