Who is moving to Adelaide in September??

Guest Paula H

Guest Paula H
Lucky so and sos!

We are going to activate our visas next week. Ooh not referred to it as next week before. Lol.

Can't wait until we post a moving date...

Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Rach x

Thank you

When you looking to make the big move?

Meeeeeeee :tongue::cute::biggrin::wink::rolleyes:

Me too!!!!! :-)

Arrive into Sydney 5th Sept and plan to get down to Adelaide around 20th Sept (spending a couple of weeks with my family in Newcastle first).

Are you freaking out a little yet?? I am doing a bit of travelling between leaving here and getting there, so leave here in 6 weeks and there seems like SO much to do, I am getting in a panic all of a sudden! ;-)

Guest vikkiann

We fly beginning of June, we are going via Bali. So looking forward to our stop over for 5 days.

Sorry to steal your thread Paula!

Guest Paula H
Me too!!!!! :-)

Arrive into Sydney 5th Sept and plan to get down to Adelaide around 20th Sept (spending a couple of weeks with my family in Newcastle first).

Are you freaking out a little yet?? I am doing a bit of travelling between leaving here and getting there, so leave here in 6 weeks and there seems like SO much to do, I am getting in a panic all of a sudden! ;-)

We arrive in Adelaide on the 22nd Sept... Not freaking out yet, just excited at the moe but I'm sure the freaking out is soon to come lol

Thank you

When you looking to make the big move?

No idea yet - will have 5 years from 01/06/12, though! I think that's when we'll decide - after we've experienced the real cost of living and had our little 'taster session'. We are trying to be sensible - we have no family there, no job to go to and have never visited before. So we could come back and get the house on the market straight away, or I might re-train to ensure I can get a decent job when we get there. OH is a carpenter, so hoping he will be ok over there. It's all very exciting and scary at the same time, isn't it?

Can't wait for our trip. We have 2 daughters and they are officially on count down now...

Rach

Guest Paula H
No idea yet - will have 5 years from 01/06/12, though! I think that's when we'll decide - after we've experienced the real cost of living and had our little 'taster session'. We are trying to be sensible - we have no family there, no job to go to and have never visited before. So we could come back and get the house on the market straight away, or I might re-train to ensure I can get a decent job when we get there. OH is a carpenter, so hoping he will be ok over there. It's all very exciting and scary at the same time, isn't it?

Can't wait for our trip. We have 2 daughters and they are officially on count down now...

Rach

My OH is a chippe too

Best of luck, let us know how your reccie goes x

Guest bishvegas

Hi. We arrive in Adelaide on 1st September. In the process of moving out of our house at the moment along with trying to organise shippers etc, etc, etc. Came over for a reccie in February and loved it so we can't wait to get back out there. Best of luck to everyone x

Guest Dr Scotland

Arriving August 21st. Whoop whoop! Just waiting for Ozzie Medical Board license so my visa can be okay'd. Kind of feel like I'm treading water here otherwise.

• 1 year later...
Guest Karuna

We tooo i mean me, my husband and our 2.5 year old daughter.

But me nad my daughter are planning to join him in oct. Is it okay for a family to go togther? coz we dnt know anyone there.:wacko: confused

Guest NewInOz

You will soon meet people when you get here especailly when you have a young child. I think people who have emigrated to Australia are probably more outgoing and friendly now they are in Australia as everyone has to build up a network of friends and contacts. We are all in the same boat.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gulsanga

Hey got our grant yesterday..moving to Adelaide in September from Pakistan. Can anyone tell us about good neighbourhoods? nervous and excited :P