Accommodation in Mt Gambier

lorluc

Guest Damien

Most of the hotels are good here. Blue Lake Caravan Park is also nice, although the lake won't be blue in August. Alternatively why not try some holiday rentals in Port MacDonnell, right by the Southern Ocean, shame the crays will be out of season.

I have been to Mt Gambier but not stayed here specifically but it looks good from the photos. The location is only a couple of streets away from their main street. Here's a link to the commercial site that they advertise on but if you try a google search for them separately you may find their details elsewhere and then save the commission that they would have to pay the commercial site. http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/accommodation/sa/south-/mount-gambier/46747 (There are other homes listed on this site too).

You could try the Mount Gambier Old Jail for something a bit novel - it's a converted jail, now a hostel. There are private and family rooms though - not all dorms. I've stayed in 2009 and Jan this year - it's been updated about 6 months ago and definitely much nicer now. It's close to the town centre (sorry I have trouble referring to Mt Gambier as a city!!) and a two minute walk to a nice outdoor public pool which could be good in November with kids.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255342-d285941-Reviews-The_Old_Mount_Gambier_Gaol-Mount_Gambier_South_Australia.html

Definitely somewhere a little bit different! The staff are very helpful too.

One place to avoid - the Lakes Resort - it's not bad as such, I've stayed there with work a few times, but is really just a very overpriced average motel. If you're happy with motel accommodation, you can find much cheaper.

Guest Damien
I have been to Mt Gambier but not stayed here specifically but it looks good from the photos. The location is only a couple of streets away from their main street. Here's a link to the commercial site that they advertise on but if you try a google search for them separately you may find their details elsewhere and then save the commission that they would have to pay the commercial site. http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/accommodation/sa/south-/mount-gambier/46747 (There are other homes listed on this site too).

This one's a 1 bed and says not suitable for children. Oh yeah, also remember the nights are bloody cold down here, esp in August, so that might affect deciding where to stay.

Guest lippy

Limestone Tourist Park - basic but clean - we've stayed there twice a year for the past few years.

Pine Country Caravan Park - more basic but ok