World's Greatest Shave 13-15 March.

Lazy Cow

My 12yo son has beautiful long blond (albeit helped by Sarahsmartiepants!) surfer-hair. I love it and I think it defines him, but he wants to get it ALL CUT OFF :swoon: for the Leukemia Foundation's event - the World's Greatest Shave.

I know it's a lot to ask (and I'm cringing as I type) but would anyone be able to sponsor him please? I am more than happy to travel to collect any money (although I would prefer to stay in Australia!),cheques, credit card details etc, and a receipt will be issued for any money received. As residents will know, all donations over $2 are tax deductable.

I'm not good at asking for help, but am very able to say thank you. Thank you for reading this. Thank you for any help you feel able to give.

:notworthy:Caroline aka Lazy Cow.

Hi Caroline,

Ian shaved off all his hair last year!! He looked like a thug! :biglaugh:

I don't think he's going to do it this year as he's just started a new job, so needs to retain some form of decorum!

I'd love to sponsor your son, as its for such a good cause. If you PM me your address I'll pop a cheque in the post, it'll be far easier.

BUT

can you supply BEFORE and AFTER photos on PIA once the jobs done???

Good on yer son!

Judi x

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I will sponser him LC. Does he have to go somewhere for the hair do, or can he get it done anywhere I will do that too (FOC of course) let me know. How can I sponser him?

Sarahx

Wow! I hadn't thought of tapping into the UK market! There must be a way - I shall investigate forthwith! Thank you both.

Tyke - thanks for your reply and for publicly acknowledging you've met us (must have been a bit embarrassing hey?:P) and that my surfer-dude son does exist - and for the donation of course!

The Boy Wonder is v.grateful for your replies. It's very kind of you all -both because it is such a worthy cause, and because it's nice for him to be able to say he's raised a fair amount. He was so determined that last night he and a friend canvassed/begged round the street behind us and raised $68.75! He was stoked, particularly as he has no confidence (a worry) and he had to muster up all his courage to do it!

Thanks for the offer Sarah.:wubclub: I don't know where he's going to have it done. I was hoping that we could do it at school, so it's more of an event - he's going to ask today. At the moment he wants his Dad to do it, but I would love to take you up on the offer as there is a fair bit of hair to get through and I do worry despite realising that the end result will have no style! I'll phone/email you.

Thank you Judi; I've pm'd you. I'm hoping we can get it in the paper. I mean you'd think the Advertiser/ Messenger would cover the event? Can't remember last year's..what happened? Otherwise, I'm sure he'd love to have his handsome 'before' and his sad 'after' photo displayed.

Well, whatever happens I know he's going to look just great at our citizenship ceremony. Five months we've waited - why now???:o

Thank you all.:wubclub:

Caroline.

If you can find a way of printing off a sponsorship form and acknowledging any contribution I will take it in to work (Central Manchester Hospital) and get some donations from colleagues. A photo before would be good if you can but if not let me know about the sponsorship form, if you can't sort a form I will try and sort one out and sent for your approval. Big decision for 13 yr old, admire him.

Mary and Family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Libby1971

Hi Lazy Cow

It sounds like a great idea, what a lovely thing of your son to do and nice to hear that he is conquering his nervousness.

I will happily sponsor him - perhaps you could pm me your address and I can pop the money over or send it in the post.

Thanks

Libby

If you can find a way of printing off a sponsorship form and acknowledging any contribution I will take it in to work (Central Manchester Hospital) and get some donations from colleagues. A photo before would be good if you can but if not let me know about the sponsorship form, if you can't sort a form I will try and sort one out and sent for your approval. Big decision for 13 yr old, admire him.

Mary and Family xxxxxxxxxxxx

That would be beyond brilliant!

I phoned the Leukemia Foundation who told me that you can donate over the net, and it will show against Liam's total - important when you're 12!;)

Anyway, here's the link: https://secure.worldsgreatestshave.com/wgs/pages/wgs_sponsor.asp?action=submit

I have pm'd you a picture of a rather sulky/cool Liam on his motorbike...it's a bit old so his hair is longer than that now, but it was the best one I had to hand. I will get another but it's hard as he's always doing something- he's off bmx-ing at the mo, followed by his drum lesson.:swoon:

Seriously though, it sounds like an awful lot of work on your part Mary. We all appreciate anything you can do. SA loves volunteers (we have the highest ratio of volunteers in Oz) so you'll certainly be welcome here!

:wubclub:Caroline and Liam.

Guest caoimhe

Hi Caroline

can you pm me your surname as I have tried that link and can't find any Liam's. Just want to make sure the donation goes against his name.

If I was shaving off my hair I would like to make sure I got a lot of money for it:biglaugh: