Brown Water

Guest m.jephcott

We're in Aberfoyle too and occasionally the bath water goes a bit brown. Drinking water is horrible and we don't yet have a Pura tap but its not harmful. I use a filter jug for drinking water and make tea and coffee from the tap. We've got used to it!

Guest m.jephcott

We also use a filter but even that is still murky, I haven't noticed it go murky before it is horrible, I always think the water smells like bleach. As long as it isn't harmful I won't worry about it.

Alot of the older houses have galv steel pipes for water could be just some rust coming through we had it when we lived in glenelg and the pipe eventualy burst underground took a while to discover we had a burst when the landlord complained about our water use.

Guest m.jephcott
Do people generally keep those 15Litre boxes of water in their fridges or just use the Tap Water for drinking?

I think most people just use a filter, tastes revolting otherwise, maybe cheaper to buy water soon with the cost of it though. We have never had brown water before and this morning it is clear again but sometimes it is foamy and you get a layer of foam even after it's been through the filter.