Adelaide Bound in 9 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Guest Paula H

Guest andylynnchriskirst

We've been in Adelaide two weeks and absolutely loving it!!

There were so many emotions before you leave, but just remember, it'll all be worth it when you arrive! :biggrin:

Good Luck for the last minute bits and pieces and for the flight! x

Guest Paula H

Thanks all

Any tips for last minute things to get or do?

Container packed up everything last week so now sleeping on blow up beds grrrr

Guest vikkiann

Kids clothes, trainers, Xbox games if necessary. I went in to pre order a game for my son and it was $130!!! I'm going to get my aunt to bring it over when she comes later this year now, $130 is crazy!!

it'll soon fly by. Spend time with your loved one's and cherish every moment, I never thought I would miss my sister as much as I do.

Good luck, Paula! You must have such a mix of emotions right now but stay calm and enjoy the last few weeks with friends and family making a big fuss of you!! You will be arriving at the perfect time with the summer sun shining. We've had back-to-back winters but it's still been fantastic!

All the best!

Lyn x

Ooo exciting. Just in time for our fabulous summer to be over :tongue:

And you'll get there for the start of the Australian spring :jiggy: I think of the seasons I've experienced there, it is my favourite. I've yet to live through an Adelaide winter but if I can survive an old house with no central heating and no real insulation and no double glazing in sub zero winters here in the UK, I can manage in Adelaide :cute:

Be sure to keep us posted. I'm looking forward to hearing how you go. I can't wait for us to be there next summer. I keep telling myself it will fly by and once Christmas comes round I'll be applying for my visa and it will feel much more real for me then.

Guest andylynnchriskirst

MattyEgg - Possibly, we had to go back a week after we arrived, and there was an British family who had also just arrived! Was this you?

Guest sedgecl

Just wanted to wish you luck, we fly out to Adelaide on 9th August, our container leaves on Monday 23 July 2012. We have been sofa sufing for a week now. Can't wait to get to SA...Hope it all goes well for you..Good Luck...xxx:)

Guest Chris_J

Your shipping people will need 3 weeks notice or so, or at least the one we're using do. The car I wouldn't worry too much. What about the house?