So far I like it !

Guest soggy

Guest soggy

less than a week in, and a busy week, I am enjoying it, so glad we had the meet and greet service, they took us to the oaa accomocation and the shopping plus lots of useful info.

so far I have hired a car, changed my uk licence for a SA licence, applied for taxfile numbes for all 3 of us had lunch in china town 4 times, applied and got medicare ( reciprical agreement) for the 3 of us, my wife and daughter would not have been able to get it if they had not had there nhs cards with them, a tip there for any non brits in UK. We have got a moblie, a landline phone and next week should have the internet, we have been up to visit Adrews Farm development, Ian your house looks good but your lawn need water;). mine almost ready now looks a nice area to me. Had a look at the sellicks beach site I love it there. We have enrold our daugher in school, starts year 11 on Wednesday.

I am running out of time in this internet cafe will give a bit more detail when I have internet at home

its hot here

Simon:D:D:D

Guest Guest75

Lovely to hear you are enjoying it Soggy:D:D

Enjoy.

Hot????

It's going to be warmer as the week goes by.

Better keep this way for the weekend.:cool:

Guest mOZzy

hi simon!

thanks for the update - always nice to read ;)

and you've been really busy in such a short time.

thanks for the nhs tip!!

roll on internet connection so we can hear more :biglaugh:

did you buy a house already?!?!?!?

Hi simon,

OO you were quick have you slept yet ??? Tell us more about your house in Sellicks is it built yet?? We are coming for a visit in a few weeks should we do out licenses then or do you have to serender your UK Drivers licenses? Should we apply for TFN too.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed

Kimberley x

Hi simon,

OO you were quick have you slept yet ??? Tell us more about your house in Sellicks is it built yet?? We are coming for a visit in a few weeks should we do out licenses then or do you have to serender your UK Drivers licenses? Should we apply for TFN too.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed

Kimberley x

Hi Kimberley,

You can apply for your licence when you get here. Just make sure you take your passport, UK Drivers License and a Utility bill (or something with your current address in SA on, my guests use their tenancy agreement as proof). You don't have to surrender you U.K licence, even though it says that you do. I've still got mine.

You can apply for you Tax File Number online when you get here. Its pretty straight forward to do. On line it will take 2 weeks to come through. If you do it via the mail, it usually takes 1 month.

Have a fantastic trip over and keep us all updates how you get on.

Judi x :wubclub:

Guest weesp

Hi Soggy, we're having a nightmare trying to find somewhere to rent, furnished, we too are going to now use the meet and greet service and the accommodation that they sort out. What are the houses like, and what have you had to buy for it, I know that it doesn't come with a TV!. Please let me know. Thanks.

Lynn