parents over 75 paying for a medical to visit

Beanbear

Hi,

My mother told me that it is now necessary for anyone over the age of 75 wanting to visit Australia to have to undergo a medical by a panel doctor. Does anyone know what the approximate cost of this is? Or have experience with it? (my parents have quite a few years left before this would affect them but OH's father is 73 this year and it may be a real consideration for him in planning when he next visits.

Many thanks

I think this is only if they are going for a long stay visa (over 3 months) they dont need one if it is up to three months.

As far as I could see on their website it didn't specify. They have details of the evisitor visa or the Tourist one, but it says a medical is necessary. Just wondered if anyone has had an older relative come up against this new legislation?

Guest MrsHills

For anyone visiting applying for eVisitor (sub class 651) (which is what I think Diane is referring to), you only have to decalre that you are in good health

as per below. This is the one my family always uses and they are a variety of ages from 73 to 82! This is for holders of an EU Passport only!

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/

This visa allows people to travel to Australia for a holiday, visit family and/or friends or for short-term business purposes.

• You must be outside Australia to apply.
  • You must hold a passport from an eVisitor eligible country or region.
  • No stamp or visa label is required in your passport.
  • Your eVisitor is linked to the passport number you used in your application and you must use the same passport to travel to Australia.
  • It is a condition of holding an eVisitor that you are in good health and of good character