Help required for Reccie

Misplaced

Hi all,

As our god forsaken house is not selling and time is getting close for my wife to activate her visa, we are going to have to do a Reccie.

We will hopefully be staying with some friends in O'halloran Hill but will need a hire car for us to look round. I understand that Mick Auto's are very good in Aldinga but does anyone know if he will bring the hire car to the airport or to where we are staying?

By the way if you have read my other post it is ow just not my wife going it is all of us if we can get the dates to tie in with my annual leave and school/college time.

If anyone has done a Reccie before and has any tips please share them.

Many thanks,

Mis

Guest bigal

Aldinga to the airport and return is probably about 80 km+[50 mile] round trip,I know Mick has had some good reviews but I wouldn't imagine it could be cost effective for him to offer an airport pick up and drop off service, personally I would hire a car from the airport, all the big names are there,Avis,Budget,Hertz,Europcar ect: when I went to England 10 years ago I pre booked an economy car with Budget, on arrival at Heathrow I was upgraded to a diesel Ford Focus, although I opted for a high excess it worked out good, very convenient and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

We hired a car from Mick and he delivered it to Kurralta Park where we were staying which is a lot further away from Aldinga than O'Halloran Hill so I'd imagine he may be ok with taking it to you there? We got a taxi from the airport and then Mick kindly dropped the car off a day or so later. Hope that helps. On outskirts of O'Halloran Hill if you ever need any help with anything!

Okay update - flights are now booked but more than we thought ?

Anyway, we arrive in Adelaide 11/8 and leave 24/8 with Singapore Airlines.

So if anyone has any ideas on what to do for about 14 hours in Singapore please let me know!! I have one teenager and one who is nearly a teenager that will need entertaining!!!!!!!!

Also, as we are novice flyers any tips about the journey, baggage etc.

Cheers,

Mis

If you are going to be in Singapore for 14 hours I'd suggest packing a change of clothes in your carry on luggage and your swim suits and going for a swim (the Irprt provide towels). You could also book a room in the transit hotel, which is in the airport and does rooms on a six hour slot basis. This is good as a base to leave all your stuff, maybe have a sleep, and have a shower. There are also showers you can use in the airport if you don't want to book a room.

Apparently there is a bus trip that you can do from the airport (there may be immigration implications of just leaving the airport so check this before deciding to just take off on your own). There are plenty of shops and places to eat and use the internet. There is also a butterfly garden and a roof top terrace you could check out. At least with a 14 hour wait if your plane from the UK is delayed you are not in any danger of missing your connecting flight.

Hiya

If you have time in Singapore Airport there is a fab Fish Spa in the transit hall of term 3 right down the end - they obv do the fish eating your skin thing blurgh!!! but they also do a fab neck and shoulder massage for the equivalent of £10 worth every penney after a long flight - as per previous posts also check out the transit hotel and pool

another tip is to register your flights under their Krisflyer scheme so you start earning miles straight away - it would then make sense to use the same airline each time so you start accruing your airmiles straight away - useful in about 10 years when you finally have enough miles to fly back to the Uk but its a start!!!