fees for skills assessment

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

After rushing to get everything in order to send off this week i now find out that it will take my bank a week to get an aust bankers draft prepared! They can send it electronically but my assessing authority doesn't have that option on its list! Pity can't pay by travellers cheques as much cheaper. Missed the boat to ring them direct today to check as time difference. Have e. mailed but may take a while for response. If only i had known!! I tell you what a frustrating expereince it is to date and more to come. English test should be a doddle after this!! (if visa not lodged in time)

I guess this is where agents come in handy, although i have learnt loads from this site!

Debs:elvis:

Guest Nicky&Andy

We Do Bank With Them. But I Got The Bankers Draft From A Different Branch, And Just Walked In Of The Street, (they Charged Me About £25, But Like You I Was In A Hurry To Get It Sorted) Worth A Try, Good Luck , Let Me Know How It Go's

Nicky Xx

Guest Libby1971

HSBC are the quickest by far and yes you do have to bank with them to receeive this service which we didn't so I know this for a fact.

We used LLoyds who despite being told and writing down that charges for doing this were NOT to be taken out of the amount for the bankers draft (so we had the correct money for Oz) did it anyway. OH went ballistic.

The bank manager had the extremely good grace to look very pale. The new and this time correct bankers draft came through within 24 hours and not the week they had originally told us it would take to correct their mistake.

Libby

Guest deborah

I have been into my local branch and they have faxed request today so might be back by end of week.

HSBC or any other bank wouldn't oblige. My local branch is not in the town where i live so had to travel with babe in arms today!!

She was supposed to be asleep but decided it was much more interesting in Buxton!

I hope they don't take the charge out of the amount.

I stayed up late last night to ask the Cert board if i could send electronically or by visa they said no, how antiquated!

They weren't a very friendly australian either which was a bit off putting!

Debs