Meds done

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Just got back from a weekend in Southampton where we went to have our meds done :D

Visited my brother-in-law, ate too much and stayed in nice hotel - also saved over £100 by going to Southampton rather than going round Devon.

We haggled for cash and got 10% disount and the doctor was aussie so great to chat too.

This is what we had -

X-Rays

Blood Tests (extra one for tatts)

Blood Pressure

Eye Chart Test

Height

Weight (check BMI under 35)

Listen to heart

Checked tummy

Urine Test

We were told today that general health and x-rays were fine and have to wait 7-10 days for blood results then they will be posted off to Sydney.

We were advised by our agent to wait about 6 weeks from submitting our visa online to booking meds - we have frontloaded them to save some time :D

Nothing left to do now but wait!!

Lisa

Guest donna T

Well done on getitng those meds completed - what a great idea to haggle - I never though of it. Mind you we had ours done in Harly Street and they didn't seem the type to take tookindly to hagging!!!

Good luck with the wait - fingers crossed ona quick response

Hi,

Gosh we never thought of haggling the price down!

my medical was the same as yours although we had hearing check and i had a full boob examination[and full instruction how to do it myself and it was not the way my doc had told me] you didnt really want to know that did you ,we were told that the meds were nothing really but ours was quite thorough, he was quite a nice man he let the girls open their own x-rays and pointed out that georgia had wind !! it relaxed us.

We went to carlisle for ours and got our visas about 4 weeks later.

speak to you soon Hayls :P

Hi Hayls

After your meds you got the visa very quickly - can I ask was that recently at all??

Although I am still awaiting sponsorship I thought middle of next year was pushing being in Oz but if I am sent for meds / pcs in the new year realistically I could perhaps be out in maybe May 07? Is my estimate optimistic??

Angela :? :?

Hi Hayls

You don't talk or write to much - thats what this forum is all about!! :roll:

I have not got sponsorship yet. The agency are not keen for me to request meds / pcs.

I have decided that if I get sponsorship during Nov, hopefully pre Xmas I will tell the agency I want help with the pcs - its only £10 so why wait! I am happy to book in the meds for end Jan. My visas ready at the agency - I just need the sponsorship!!! :P:P:P

Angela

Hi Angela,

Just to say it was our police checks that we ended waiting for so that we could send every thing back to the agency in fact i think we ended up sending the confirmation letter that checks were being done as we were racing to get everything sent by a certian date set by immigration, so for the sake of 10 pound i would get them done they last a year i think like your meds.I was talking to a friend who had her medicals done in May and still has not got her visa she has been told she is in a que!!! Another friend has just been told his case has been put on hold for 6 to 8 months due to enormous back log he is reall peeved of, he is a joiner like cameron.

good luck with your sponsership. :D

Hayls

Thanks Hayls

I am a little 'peebed' with the agency - after a few emails to & fro they did agree to send me all the forms for meds & pcs BUT they are adament that I should not go ahead with un-requested & have said this could be :x detrimental :x to our application nearer the time! Sounds serious.... :twisted:

Anyway I only wanted them so as I could look / work through them in case I got stuck on any bits then I want their advise.

BUT I have them now & I have assured them that they are only being looked over.

I did asked them if they track the sponsorship (I read somewhere one families got lost!) - they confirmed it was actually signed for on 6th Nov - so they do have everything WAIT :!: WAIT :!: WAIT :!:

I really hope to hear pre-Xmas as I want the visa in straight afterwards - with the Xmas hols it won't be aknowledged until post Xmas I suspect.

Speak soon

Angela

Hi Lisa,

Was the above message meant for Angela, i presume it was as i have my visa thank god, 2 year nitemare i dont want to do it again.By the way thanks for adelaidebound its superb and also the spider link not so superb :shock:

Hayls :lol: