Carry On For Sophie

The Monaghans

Some of our older members may remember Libby1971, a former mod for this wonderful site. Libby, husband Bob and their two daughters Emily and Sophie came over in 2007 after appearing on a popular BBC show. They settled well in Adelaide and both the girls fully embraced the wonderful lifestyle here, making good friends and becoming fully fledged Aussie citizens. The whole family, quite rightly, looked forward to a long and happy life here in Adelaide among the good friends they made along the way.

Sadly, this is no longer to be. Earlier this year Sophie Warner died at Flinders Medical Centre following an epileptic seizure. She remained on life support for a week before her parents took the heart breaking decision to switch the machines off. Sophie was just 15 years old.

On Sunday 16th September, Sophie's family and many, many friends will be taking part in the Adelaide City-Bay Fun Run. Can I ask you all to please dig deep and sponsor us? It really doesn't matter how much, it could be $5, $50 or $500. All funds raised go to FMC and research into the terrible disease that is epilepsy.

I realise we all have charities that we favour and that the move to Australia puts a massive strain on the finances, but in the words of the lovely (and much missed...) Mr Tesco, every little helps.

Many thanks

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/carry_on_for_sophie

Guest moonraker1959

Can people in the UK sponsor too?Libby1971,very sorry to hear of your loss.I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose a child.xxx

Guest Libby1971

1. Can people in the UK sponsor too?Libby1971,very sorry to hear of your loss.I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose a child.xxx

thanks moonraker, it's still not sunk in that I won't see her any time soon, I keep htinking she is on an extended sleepover!

Yes I think you can sponsor from the UK. Just click on the link and go there and follow the instructions.

Once again, thank you

So sorry to hear of your loss - we would be happy to support you Libby and Bob in raising money for research into this terrible illness.

Good luck Liz M and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

My sister-in-law died as a result of complications after 10 years of severe epileptic episodes - (we have 2 granddaughters called Sophie and Emily too)

Edited by jtct
added info

Libby, Bob and Emily - I am so very very sorry for your loss. I can remember Sophie so clearly on 'new life down under' - your family's appearance on that programme is etched in my mind , as it aired just as my family were going through the whole emigration process. Sophie seemed such a beautiful and sensitive soul . You are all in my thoughts and prayers at this awful time x x x

Thank you for the kind words of support, and a huge thank you to those of you who have already jumped in to donate. It's so very kind of you and we've raised over $1000 so far. Bless you all and let's keep the donations coming in! Those of you in the UK can also donate if you wish by clicking on the link in the original post.

Cheers! (which is what I shall be saying when I get home after the walk and have a VERY large glass of SA's finest in my hand!)

Can people in the UK sponsor too?Libby1971,very sorry to hear of your loss.I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose a child.xxx

Yes, moonraker, you can donate from the UK. I just did. It's easy; just follow the steps on the donation page.

Libby's beautiful girl will make a Big Difference, bless her beautiful heart.

Happy Birthday, Soph!!

Big hugs and kisses, sweetheart!