Koala visitor

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

We have a Koala visiting:)

Mrs Tyke heard a commotion from the dogs and saw a Koala shooting up a tree by the pool.

Poor thing must be terrified.

I'm glad the dogs did not get nearer to it.

Just hope he is going to make his way on as the dogs are going ballistic in the house.

I'll go and have a look in half an hour when he has had some space.

Took a few piccies - Mr Koala was not going to smile for me:)

Hope this link works..........

Koala.jpg

Guest happy-jools

Wow russell, Im impressed.

Bless the little thing. Can you keep him there until we get there in June.

Maybe not, the dogs wont give you any peace.

Guest jill wright

Wow imagine seeing that in the garden!!! Must show the kids.

Thanks for sharing piccie with us

Jill,Phil,lucy,Daniel and Thomas

Guest Guest75

He's gone off through to next door's land now.Mrs Tyke saw him crashing through the trees.

Glad he is OK.

Looks like he was just sheltering from the heat :)

Guest muppetbro

if anyone needs to see a koala i know a tree where there is ALWAYS one sometimes up to 5/6 at a time near us - common sight when you know where to look - cant say the same about roos unless you drive hours away into scrub.....

i think id happily hang out in a tree in this god dammed heat -

warning 3 days over 35 degrees is very unpleasant and its forecast for a further week - kids at school were moaning more than me doing x country this arvo :notworthy:

heat - no seebreeze - life sucks at mo but a nice little peeky wave at southport all week

Guest Guest75
if anyone needs to see a koala i know a tree where there is ALWAYS one sometimes up to 5/6 at a time near us - common sight when you know where to look - cant say the same about roos unless you drive hours away into scrub.....

i think id happily hang out in a tree in this god dammed heat -

warning 3 days over 35 degrees is very unpleasant and its forecast for a further week - kids at school were moaning more than me doing x country this arvo :notworthy:

heat - no seebreeze - life sucks at mo but a nice little peeky wave at southport all week

For Roo's you just need to be at the back of us in Onkaparinga Hills ,at dusk you can see loads (40+) coming out to graze near the Onkaparinga National Park.

Keep cool:):)

Guest graandjac

;)Another spot very close to you all for roos is just off Commercial Road, Drive heading south just past the waves development at Seaford rise, on the left is a track (if i remember next to a nursery selling roses...??),follow the track for 500 yds ish and round the bend on the left is a paddock full of roos. What iam i doing giving a reccommendation where to see wild roos from the UK.....!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:Cheers Graham

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy::jiggy:wow thats amazing, the most exciting thing will be seeing lots of different animals and birds, it will be like going to the zoo for the first time when you were a kid,

any of you guys seen anything really unusual ?(its all sooo exciting)

Guest graandjac

:)We saw these odd looking Lizard things with what looked like no tail or head....!!odd it sounds but it just had a long body about 18 in long .....it just crossed the road in front of us.....anyone know what it was...? . Cheers Graham

Guest Guest75
:)We saw these odd looking Lizard things with what looked like no tail or head....!!odd it sounds but it just had a long body about 18 in long .....it just crossed the road in front of us.....anyone know what it was...? . Cheers Graham

I'd guess it was a Shingleback lizard.

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~sofar/id176.htm

Funny looking things ain't they.

Guest graandjac

:idea:Thats the one Russel ....so its a skink, thanks for that. We saw two one on the dunes at port Noarlunga next to the surf club and one in the middle of the road in Hallet cove, i guess they eat spiders which cant be a bad thing...:biglaugh:, hope all is well, we are nearly there now.....!!!!!. Cheers Graham