Moving on....to KI!

Guest Damien

Just had a call from one of the bosses, got my dream move to Kangaroo Island.

:biggrin:

Those fish won't know what's hit them! I loved it working over there in March and can't believe I'm gonna be the permanent FO there. Ooh yeah!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a few days on KI house hunting. Let's just say the standard of the rentals there is not the best. Oh well, it's only a bed to sleep in, too much country to explore.

Me and Daisy went down the jetty for half an hour on Thursday, it was really hot and the sea was clear so I thought there was no chance of getting any squiddlies. 5 seals swimming around the pylons wouldn't help either. To cut a long story short I managed one squid and Daisy 2, she is now known as the squid queen and wants to know why I caught my first squid when I was 35 and she's had her first when she's only 7!

It was ace watching the seals catching cuttlefish under our feet, they even made darting runs for our squid jigs only to turn away at the last moment! I gave a family who weren't catching anything a good feed of squid, then I caught another one late on. I was about to give this one to them when about 6 Asians turned up, looked at me, pointed at the squid and smiled as if to say 'we want'. There was a big bull seal, arse up balls dangling looking for a feed directly below me so I said to Daisy 'you know what I'm gonna do with this squid....", she laughed as I threw it to the seal who promptly munched it in one gulp! The look on the Asians' faces was priceless, they all smacked their foreheads and went 'NO!', best laugh I've had in ages...

What a place...

Guest Guest5035
J I was about to give this one to them when about 6 Asians turned up, looked at me, pointed at the squid and smiled as if to say 'we want'. There was a big bull seal, arse up balls dangling looking for a feed directly below me so I said to Daisy 'you know what I'm gonna do with this squid....", she laughed as I threw it to the seal who promptly munched it in one gulp! The look on the Asians' faces was priceless, they all smacked their foreheads and went 'NO!', best laugh I've had in ages...

What a place...

Oh mate, these people hadn't eaten for days they were starving, they must have mistaken KI for Christmas Island...:huh:

Stevo