We have just updated the forum rules, no major changes but if you could take a minute to read through that would be great, thanks all
• Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly. This applies especially to the migration agents who give their time on the site for free.
• We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, make personal comments or judgements about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone and only detracts from the discussion at hand.
• Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage
spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person
1. Out of respect for the Original Poster (OP), please try to keep postings on-topic and do not steer the thread in another direction without good reason. If required please start a new topic within a relevant forum. If posters do not adhere to these guidelines then they may find that their post is edited or deleted.
2. Please use the most descriptive title possible when creating a new thread, ensuring you search the forums first to ensure posts are not duplicated. Duplicate posts/threads may be deleted or merged.
3. Be respectful to your fellow members, moderators and administrators. This is a friendly and great environment; we wish to keep it that way so please treat others as you would like to be treated and please respect other members rights to express an opinion which may differ to your own.
4. Please remember that moderators are volunteer helpers that are here to ensure the forum runs smoothly. Please respect this if they have to contact you or edit,remove or add additional comments to your threads or posts. Abusing moderators will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.
5. Moderators may move your post if it becomes more relevant or pertinent to another part of the forum.
6. Should you have any issues with a moderator then you should in the first instance attempt to resolve the issue via off-forum correspondence (email/PM) with the moderator concerned. However, please do this in a polite manner and note that personally abusing moderators will not be tolerated in these circumstances. Alternatively you may prefer to resolve the matter by contacting the site administrator.
7. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages but must not be placed in the public forums or on the visitor message board, (this includes threads created to discuss infracted/banned members) any such threads will be removed by admin/mods and infractions may be issued.
8. Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities.
9. You agree not to hold Pomsinadelaide.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums and that messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
10.Postings that are deliberately designed with the intention of driving traffic to a member's site, affiliated sites or other social networking sites/forums will be removed or edited as the moderator(s) feels appropriate. If in doubt before posting these type of links please contact the administrator .
11.Trolling will not be tolerated. For the purposes of this forum, a 'troll' is defined as someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages on the forum, or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
12.Pomsinadelaide.com is not the appropriate medium for personal or private vendettas. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else and posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance.
13.Members are only permitted one account. Any member who deliberately sets up a secondary false account to troll will be banned. If you have forgotten your username and wish to create a new account or you require a secondary account for another family member, please contact admin.
14.Members found to be accessing the forum via an anonymizing proxy without prior authorisation from the administrator will have their account suspended sine die.
15.Members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, offensive or illegal posts, links, or images. Any posts/visitor messages/private messages/avatars/photos containing such content will be removed and could lead to a warning or a ban if necessary.
16.As this is an English speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
Personal contact information
Please do not include your email address, phone number and other personal details in any posts you make (phone/address/email). There are automated programs (spambots) that trawl the internet harvesting email addresses which are then used to send unsolicited spam. As an alternative to using your email address we recommend you use the forum's Private Messaging system (PM) when asking other members to contact you. When you receive a PM, you will be notified by email. People will also reply directly on the open forum.
Signatures for general membership
(please see further below for information on business member signatures)
1. Two lines of standard size text only please. We allow use of coloured fonts in personal signatures.
2. Please do not include personal contact information or social networking links in your signature.
For Sale/Wanted forum rules
1. Please do not include email or phone numbers in your post/advert. Everyone can be contacted via the thread itself or the forum PM system. You can set up email notifications for when you are sent a PM or someone replies to your thread so can always know when there is an interested party.
2. If you have a lots of items to sell please include them all in one thread where possible rather than starting la number of new threads to list them all individually. This helps ensure that other recent threads are not pushed off the first page. Please feel free to include images of the items for sale.
3. Please do not keep starting new threads when re-listing items recently advertised (ie sold 3 items from 15 and so start a new thread to list the 12 left) or you want to add a few more things to the list. Just add a new post to your current active thread with the new listing or list what has sold. Or edit your original post.
4. Please post in the thread when the item(s) are sold or if wanted items when you've found what you are looking for. This helps people visiting the forum to know what is currently active and available or needed.
5. Please be aware we now have a policy of not allowing live animals to be advertised for sale or given away free on the forum. This includes litters of puppies or kittens from private or business sellers. Animals may only be advertised by members who are needing to rehome their family pet due to them moving, relocating back to the UK or other such extenuating circumstances (please contact a mod or admin if unsure if your advert meets these requirements). We advise anyone needing to rehome a family pet to throughly check potential owners and also to contact animal rescue shelters that have a no PTS policy to see if they are able to help.
6. Advertising by proxy is allowed in the For Sale/Wanted section of the forum.
Jobs & Employment forum
1. Please do not include email or phone numbers in your advert or post. People can reply in the thread or PM (you can set up email notifications for when you are sent a PM or someone replies to your thread so can always know when there is an interested party. Your settings for this can be found in the top right corner under SETTINGS).
2. If you are advertising a job vacancy please post back in the thread when/if the position has been filled. This helps people visiting the forum to know what is currently active and available or has been filled.
3. If you find a job listing while browsing the web and think it might be of interest to others here, please feel free to post a link to it here. People interested can then apply via the advert itself. Please state its not a position you yourself are advertising, but one you saw listed elsewhere.
Business Rules – For members advertising a business on the forum
1. Before advertising any business or service on Pomsinadelaide.com please Contact the administrator. Any posts deemed to be advertising material without the consent of the administrator may be deleted.
2. Business members may have a signature. These are a great way of promoting your online business and we encourage their use on the board and within profiles.
• Please keep signatures to a maximum of two lines of plain text. Do not include large images, large text or banners. The only exception to the two line rule is for migration agents who are permitted three lines, due to the requirement to display their Migration Agent Registration Number.
• One external link to your business website is allowed in a signature. Phone numbers and social networking links are not to be included in a business signature. Email may be included if you do not have an official website link to include.
• Business signatures must also be clear of font colouring and styling. Examples of which may include bold or italic styling.
3. You may not post your company name or company logo as your avatar.
4. Service providers using this function purely to promote their own wares without adding value to the community are likely to be removed and/or edited. Please seek prior permission from the administrator prior to advertising your service (See point 1 above).
5. Business Members (& their employees) are prohibited from starting threads with the sole purpose of promoting their business, product or service apart from in specific sections of the forum listed below.
• Business members with accommodation available to rent are allowed one thread in the Accommodation Available section that may be amended when there are updates on availability. New threads or multiple threads are not permitted.
• Business members with any other business may have one thread in the Jobs and Business Adverts forum. Again, please keep to one thread only and do not start a new one for an update. Simply update or amend the original thread. Alternatively add your business to one of the sticky threads in that section if there is a listing for it.
6. Letting accommodation business members are asked not to list or inform of their own accommodation available in reply to enquiries from members elsewhere on the forum. This is considered self promotion and posts doing so will be deleted. Members should be directed to the Accommodation Available forum where they can find all the threads with accommodation listings on the forum.
Listing available accommodation: General membership
- Please read
1. Advertising available accommodation in the Accommodation Available section is free for members who actively participate and contribute on the forum. Please don't register purely to advertise property, these posts will be deleted.
2. Members with accommodation available are permitted to start one thread in this forum providing details of the accommodation. This applies to all types of property listings.
3. To help people find what they're looking for, please try and ensure the title for your thread is in a format similar to the examples below:
For Sale - Hallett Cove 4 bed house
Lease break - Seaford Meadows 2 bed unit
Short term furnished rental - Morphett Vale 3 bed house with pool
Long term unfurnished rental - Findon 3 bedroom villa
4. Please include if the property is a lease break, private rental, sale, holiday let etc.
5. Once a lease break listing becomes unavailable or a house for sale is sold, please post in the thread and let others know. This helps ensure the forum contains up to date information for members searching for property.
6. Advertising of property by proxy is not allowed in the Accommodation Available forum.
We reserve the right to amend or change these rules, disclaimers and notices at any time. Members need to check back to the forum rules for possible changes. We don't always inform via a post or new thread to let you know they have been