2 plus weeks in

R & H

Hi there, two weeks in and settling in to our Hallett Cove home. We came across our first poisonous spider last night, worryingly in our bedroom! We despatched the white tip quickly but felt very guilty as we hate killing anything. We invested in some insect 'bombs' today so will be de-bugging tomorrow.... A bit of a learning curve with the wildlife but still loving things here. So refreshing that everyone is SO helpful, especially government bodies which feels amazing as we are greeted with a smile, so alien compared to the UK where you are treated with disdain.

Loving things - to all of you waiting to come over - persevere with the hard times and planning - it's SO worth it ... Adelaide life and people are lovely and so welcoming.

Helen x

Hi Snifter, it's early days for us in Hallett Cove, but so far we are loving it. We've seen dolphins every day and the sunsets are stunning. We find the location of HC convenient for getting everywhere and the community are so welcoming, are you considering this area when you come over?

Hi Helen,

good to hear your settling in and loving your new life, long may it continue!

we arrive 12th oct (2week today) i finished work yesterday so now got a busy week or so getting final things sorted before we have our leaving party and head on over.

Its all very upsetting, but I am sure it will be worth it when we get there.

hallet cove is lovely, we visited a friend who lives there.

Keep enjoying :-)

Adele x

I'm very happy for you guys and the fact that you are loving the place. Whenever I read posts like these it feels as if I'm living it myself. I'm not that far away either. I'll be down there in about three weeks!:smile: Only thing that is bothering me is the spider problem:unsure: As I hate crushing them or spraying them (I feel nausea around them)! Do you think that there might be some sort of device like a vacuum that can pick them up without you touching them and then setting them free outside the house? :tongue:

Cheers and good luck,:smile:

Ali

Hi Ali, I've got to go shopping again because someone told me you can buy treatments that you surface spray thresholds on doors and windows to stop them actually getting into the house in the first place. We've also learnt fast to put the fly screens in place quickly. Like you, we hate killing things and would rather keep these critters outside.

The weather has been amazing, we had a stormy day yesterday and one of the locals who's been here decades said that it was just about the worst storm you can get around here (Hallett Cove), nice to watch from the inside! Beautiful day today - feels like Spring again

Good luck with your own adventure Ali - three weeks will fly by for you - enjoy every minute.

Love

Helen

We got a 5 litre pack of stuff from Bunnings you can spray round the windows, foors, gutters, shed, garage, post box, top of the rotary washing line and any other places their webs seem to be appearing. Must get it finished before it really warms up and the little blighters start to multiply. No trouble with them inside and we've been here almost a year (October 5th) and only seen a couple of red-backs

Hi Ali, I've got to go shopping again because someone told me you can buy treatments that you surface spray thresholds on doors and windows to stop them actually getting into the house in the first place. We've also learnt fast to put the fly screens in place quickly. Like you, we hate killing things and would rather keep these critters outside.

The weather has been amazing, we had a stormy day yesterday and one of the locals who's been here decades said that it was just about the worst storm you can get around here (Hallett Cove), nice to watch from the inside! Beautiful day today - feels like Spring again

Good luck with your own adventure Ali - three weeks will fly by for you - enjoy every minute.

Love

Helen

Hi Helen,

The treatments are on my shopping list from now on:biglaugh:

Enjoy the weather and how I would've loved to see a stormy day in Spring. We will meet soon and enjoy talking about the days of preparation for the big move.:smile: Keep the good work up and have fun doing so:smile:

Cheers and love,:smile:

Ali