Soccer trials Adelaide cobras(football as we know it)

Guest jpr parker

Guest jpr parker

Hi, the soccer season has just finished and already were holding trials for next season.were English coaches who play a British style of footie ,even though the club was Greek Cypriot originally there teams are made up of the best players and not from there ethnic origin(which a lot in Adelaide are).the teams for girls and boys start from under 6 year olds up to under18s,everyone is welcome but you must wear appropriate kit including shin pads.the trials are held at flinders park primary school,corner of holbrooks road & Hartley road and trials times can be found on our website www.adelaidecobras.com.au.

Myself and my assistant coach are from Yorkshire and we coach the under 17 side ,so we hope to see you there.

he /she who dares wins

Cheers JasonParker

p.s. we play in the junior premier league

Guest jpr parker
A good club but remember u18s are seniors now, so different set up to the juniors.

Also U17s comp will be week this year, as its not compulsory for clubs to enter a team.

Thanks for the input . But all clubs that are concerned about there youth development are fielding a u17s team this year,which is generally all.so I don't think it will be a weak competition at all.

Under 18s are still age restricted so they are included in our trials as players no matter what there age can be promoted to above age sides ,as part of player development.

Guest jpr parker
The U17s comp will be weak with a high % of clubs not entering.

We can revisit this in a few months when the draw comes out if you don't believe me :cute:

Your missing the point of my thread , this is soccer trials for all ages and in total 17 different teams at the cobras will be playing next year. Thanks for the negative input once more

Guest jpr parker
Hi,

My daughter would have liked to come along to this but its just to far away from home.

Good luck with it.

Tina

Cheers for that. Hope your daughter finds a team to play for

The U17s comp will be weak with a high % of clubs not entering.

We can revisit this in a few months when the draw comes out if you don't believe me :cute:

I am not being negative. The Federation u17s will not be very good.

Due to the restructure the best players in that age bracket will be playing U18. There hasn't been an u18's for many years, as most people of that age went to U19. If there had been an U18 it would have been poor. Now the same is happening to the U17s.

I take it you are not fully up to speed with all this? No need to start calling me negative.

Edited by NickyT

Guest Guest5035

Due to the restructure the best players in that age bracket will be playing U18. There hasn't been an u18's for many years, as most people of that age went to U19. If there had been an U18 it would have been poor. Now the same is happening to the U17s.

I take it you are not fully up to speed with all this? No need to start calling me negative.

from someone in the know i think..:wink:

stevo

Guest jpr parker

Missing the point duuurrrrrr, it's a thread about footsie trials and you obviously have nothing better to do with your time than hijack threads just cos you think you know it all.

Please come down to our footie trials where we can discuss this one on one ,me and you ,ok

Missing the point duuurrrrrr, it's a thread about footsie trials and you obviously have nothing better to do with your time than hijack threads just cos you think you know it all.

Please come down to our footie trials where we can discuss this one on one ,me and you ,ok

When I see your President tonight would you like me to mention to him a junior coach offered me out? Grow up mate.

If you want to see me, I will be with all the other club presidents at a meeting.

I am not hijacking a thread, I pointed something out FFS. You then disagreed and implied I was talking rubbish...which I can assure you I am not...I do at times but not when it comes to local football.

Have a good day.

Nicky

My son has played soccer for several years now and one of the things we have noticed as parents is how much the kids' attitudes on the field are affected by their coaches. There are some teams that are just not worth playing against, as the coach's, parents' and players' attitudes just take all the joy out of the game in what is, after all, JUNIOR football - not playing for sheepstations ffs. ONe team this year must have hardly had any games, as after the first couple, at least two of the other teams in a 6-team league refused to play them any more.

Anyone coaching a junior team should be very aware that their attitudes will rub off on their players, and should be particularly conscious of making a point on the field of play not "round the back of the changing rooms" with aggression.

Just sayin....

My son has played soccer for several years now and one of the things we have noticed as parents is how much the kids' attitudes on the field are affected by their coaches. There are some teams that are just not worth playing against, as the coach's, parents' and players' attitudes just take all the joy out of the game in what is, after all, JUNIOR football - not playing for sheepstations ffs. ONe team this year must have hardly had any games, as after the first couple, at least two of the other teams in a 6-team league refused to play them any more.

Anyone coaching a junior team should be very aware that their attitudes will rub off on their players, and should be particularly conscious of making a point on the field of play not "round the back of the changing rooms" with aggression.

Just sayin....

when my daughter was playing ( who was pretty good) I could not believe how serious most parents were. It was a bit of a joke really. She was playing in Div 2 open league at aged 15, and was asked to play in the all conquering U17s at time and refused because it was too serious, parents and coaches!!!!. I ran the line a few times to help out ( something else a lot of parents dont do, help out that is) and had a couple of verbals with too serious knobheads!!!

We all want to win , but surely let the Juniors enjoy also. :biggrin:

Guest jpr parker
When I see your President tonight would you like me to mention to him a junior coach offered me out? Grow up mate.

If you want to see me, I will be with all the other club presidents at a meeting.

I am not hijacking a thread, I pointed something out FFS. You then disagreed and implied I was talking rubbish...which I can assure you I am not...I do at times but not when it comes to local football.

Have a good day.

Nicky

Get a grip mate, offer you out now you are talking rubbish.

this was about footie trials and as you seem to know it all I was after your superior knowledge.

Sorry if anyone has been offended by this thread I was only advertising the fact that we are offering football/trials and still are.

Get a grip mate, offer you out now you are talking rubbish.

this was about footie trials and as you seem to know it all I was after your superior knowledge.

Sorry if anyone has been offended by this thread I was only advertising the fact that we are offering football/trials and still are.

I dont pretend to know it all, but I know lots - and probably more than anyone else on here when it comes to local football!! I did get one thing wrong, your president wasn't at the meeting last night, but your senior delegate was.

@Diane, good clubs will coach their coaches about the winning mentality. At E&D where your son plays the whole emphasis is always on enjoyment and not winning at all costs....if that is not happening then the club needs to step in.

E&D v Federation is a different kettle of fish, both have good points and both bad.

Edited by NickyT

Guest jpr parker
I dont pretend to know it all, but I know lots - and probably more than anyone else on here when it comes to local football!! I did get one thing wrong, your president wasn't at the meeting last night, but your senior delegate was.

@Diane, good clubs will coach their coaches about the winning mentality. At E&D where your son plays the whole emphasis is always on enjoyment and not winning at all costs....if that is not happening then the club needs to step in.

E&D v Federation is a different kettle of fish, both have good points and both bad.

Was Obama there ?

Diane? My son ? E&D ? What you on about , cos you've lost me!

what you on about winning at all costs,my coachings all about player development and enjoyment of the game.

hope your club practices what you preach.

bye for now

Guest jpr parker
Where do the U13 Boys play the home games/Training

Thanks,Steve

Hi Steve, home ground is urrbrae terrace,plympton ,just off Marion road. They train there on a Wednesday and Friday.

Cheers jason

Hi,

My daughter would have liked to come along to this but its just to far away from home.

Good luck with it.

Tina

Hi Tina.

Cove also have trials this Sunday and they are looking to start a girls team for the first time. This maybe a closer option.

Dave. Under 9 Coach

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jpr parker

Thanks to all that attended the footie trials, the response was fantastic .

if your coming out from the uk and want to join a team please get in touch

once again thank you all. J P