To all mods...dont know where to put this

Guest smit

Would it be an idea to have a post where people ( who especially been here a while) can express their experiences of living and working in their part of Adelaide without reply. Everyone has different experiences different backgrounds different jobs different expectations different budgets. Is this possible? It would give outsiders a look in to different people experiences. I know that what is supposed to happen here but it doesnt work. Maybe a section grouped together but with single posts.....or maybe im talking poo:biggrin:

Edited by Diane

I like Ktee's suggestion. And can be made it clear it isn't a thread for discussion, just for any member who wishes to post about their POV/experiences and others to read. We can make it a sticky also probably so it gets seen.

I can't think of a way to do what you are suggesting easily from a mod POV. I guess the only thing would be to submit via PM to a mod (I'd hold my hand up to do it if people liked the idea) whereby people can send their entry via PM and I'd copy and paste it into the thread, which would be locked. If people wanted to remain anonymous then they could I guess.

Edited by snifter

Guest USA soon just SA

sounds great for us users, but a real administrative headache for the mods. I also think that it would still cause comments elsewhere here on the site, but this time it would be directed at the mods for posting it at all, or not editing it for content/opinion. I don't want to be a downer, but would hate to see any more obstacles to finding mods, because it is already a hard and thankless job (thank you guys by the way). I would worry that without them this site might suffer. So we just need to find a better way to do it. Perhaps like in a series of spreadsheet entries for numbers and comments in response to specific questions, which can then be viewed in perspective of other standardized responses. For example, one particular salalry and workload for a single 20-something may generate different views and numbers than a 40 year old professional who is supporting a family of 4. I like the supportive nature of the ide, we just need to sanitize it a little. PM me if you want any help with working out ideas, I would be happy to help because I would have loved to see this when I started the process.

My other suggestion...

If people wanted to write about their area, experiences in it etc in the Blog section of the site

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/blogs/

You could then if you are a non business member put a link to it in your sig, just a few words in the sig like 'My blog on living in [insert area/suburb here]. Then people can click and read if they wish :)

A member could start a thread as Ktee suggested. We don't need to do anything from a mod POV there. So long as the OP makes it understood the thread isn't for discussion, just for people posting about their experiences. If people did post in reply we could remove them, wouldn't be difficult.

Personally though, having slept on it, I like the blog idea. It really is what blogs are made for. Also if people post asking about such and such an area and you have a blog entry already written on it, you could simply post in the thread to the OP 'Have a read of my blog post about this area' and away they go :)

Guest USA soon just SA

Sounds like a good way to do it (if nothing else than for a first try), and even us as regular users could help manage the blogs by hitting "report post" for responses that are added when they shouldn't be. I look forward to reading it, thanks for your efforts.