Angry with the Agency & Myself.....

Angela

Got a call from our agency today advising us that the CO emailed them to tell them that my youngest sons passport expired 25th March 2007 & GOD HELP ME it bl**** has !!

As you can see I am ANGRY :twisted: throughout the whole process the passports have been sent at least twice & the Form 1022 has been done for ages - WHY DID IT TAKE A CO TO TELL US :twisted:

I am more cross with myself, how often do you read on these forums, make sure your passport is in date & here I am frustrated, cross & grrrrrrrrrrrrr - say no more :cry:

Will take a further 10 days before I get little Thomas' new passport to send onto the agency & they are VERY ANGRY with their Skills dept for not spotting this SOONER

On a good note (I think anyway) the CO is issuing a pre-grant letter for the visa - no idea what this is but sounds promising :( has anyone heard of this? The agency are going to ring me back after 2pm UK time today to explain what it actually is

Well rant over, thanks for listening

For all those still waiting, please DOUBLE-CHECK you have passports that are IN DATE, don't make my silly mistake, grrrrrrrrrr :!:

Angela

Ash needs a new one too, expires July 2009 so both passports being renewed :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Its not a necessity but the agency said we may as well, then its something that we don't have to worry about once we are in Oz in 2 years time

Passports being posted tomorrow :D

Angela

Angela,

Why does Ash need a new passport if he still has 2 years left on his?

We came here in November 2004, our eldest daughters passport runs out next month, mine and Trev's run out in June this year and no one told us we needed to get new passports.

Guest betty22

Hi,

I only had 18 months left on my passport so I got a new one in the UK. You get 9 months of any remaining time credited to your new passport,hence my new passport expires in 10yrs and 9 months.

It is cheaper to get them renewed in UK as well.

Liz

Hi there

Renewing Ashleys passport is optional. We lose a year as the maximum you can carry over is 9mths, like Liz above.

The agency said it would be cheaper to do so in the UK.

So don't worry BJF you are fine :)

Good news is they have been sent off today & we should get both of them back within 10 days, fingers crossed.

Perhaps my next post really will be WE'VE GOT THE VISA, HOORAY :D

Angela

Our passports (renewed ones) are back & have been sent straight to the agency 8)

Because its Easter they won't arrive there until Tuesday :) but hey its another day closer to getting our visa granted :D

Fingers crossed not long now

Angela

Guest hayls

Hi

just another word of advice check your visa numbers as georgias was wrong and we did not find out till we were at the check in desk at manchester argh nightmare luckily they managed to get tin touch with cannberra and get ti sorted but for 15 mins or so we didnt think we were going, one didit was wrong!

cheers Hayls

Hi Hayls - lovely to hear from you, how is it going?

Sorry if I am being thick but what do you mean about:

check your visa numbers as georgias was wrong and we did not find out till we were at the check in desk at manchester argh nightmare luckily they managed to get tin touch with cannberra and get ti sorted but for 15 mins or so we didnt think we were going, one didit was wrong!

Is this when you have received the passports BACK from London?

Thanks

Angela