2 Days in :)

Guest ali

Hi everyone,

Just a quick glance at what I've done since arriving yesterday morning.

Yesterday I was mostly sleeping and managed to get rid of the jet lag by this morning. I woke up at 6 a.m. went out for a walk around 9 a.m. and did the following:

1) managed to get lost on my way from Norwood to the city but got back on track with directions from many lovely people.

2) opened a bank account with the Common Wealth Bank

3) Bought a planned Virgin simcard

4) Signed up with Bupa after comparing them with MediBank

5) Registered my entrance with DIAC as asked previously

6) Applied for TFN

7) Paid for ambulance cover in the Post office in the King William street. (I did this prior to the Bupa signing, well it's all right)

8) got lost on my way back to Norwood but its all good now.

9) Secured the same place I have now for rental after the first initial 10 days

I'm very happy with what I've achieved in one day and on foot that is. Walking around the city was the bonus and I really enjoyed the nice weather today. Tomorrow I'll call around for jobs (I have three offers, nothing big but enough to get me started) and then go and sign up with Fitness First to start getting back in shape.

Cheers everyone :smile:

Ali

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You've been busy.

Welcome to Adelaide, it's fab here!

Thank you Vikkiann :smile: I enjoyed the long hours of walking around the city. Honestly I've never been to a city quite like it (and I've been really around):smile:

Cheesefest in Rymill Park this weekend.....and Greek Glendi Festival somewhere in the city too! Also, free bikes to borrow - I think from near the Festival Centre http://www.bikesa.asn.au/AdelaideCityBikes

http://www.weekendnotes.com/adelaide/ is good....

I hope that I'll make it to the festival. It sounds "delicious" :wink: and free bikes, now that is a bargain:smile: Are you guys going?:smile:

Welcome to Australia Ali!

Don't forget to take the time to chill and have some fun in between all that other stuff though! :wink:

I just walked back in from the Colonist in the Parade:smile: Could barely keep up with myself:biglaugh:

Good work indeed. Where do you register your entry with DIAC?

Chris they sent me an email and I thought I could do it online and so I did and it did work. It was fairly simple and I did it in less than a minute:smile:

Guest Barney Rubble
Cheesefest in Rymill Park this weekend.....and Greek Glendi Festival somewhere in the city too! Also, free bikes to borrow - I think from near the Festival Centre http://www.bikesa.asn.au/AdelaideCityBikes

http://www.weekendnotes.com/adelaide/ is good....

Well i'll go for a bike ride first then . . . . OMG ! a Cheesefest :swoon:

This IS heaven :wubclub:

I've got a job interview tomorrow morning. I can't believe how fast everything is happening. It's as if I've been here forever! Wish me luck people, I need to start rolling in the money:smile:

Thank you guys, just woke up and getting ready. I'll let you know how it went after the interview:smile:

Chris its a marketing and advertising company and they weren't very clear about what they wanted me for. Just that I was/am the type of person they were looking for? :wink: I hope its nothing bad:biglaugh:

Glad to hear you're enjoying things mate. Hopefully we'll see you in March!

Glad to hear that you guys will be here in March. The weathers beautiful, the people are beautiful and the city well its 'cute' and I love it mate. Never been in a city quite like it and I've been to many. I'm sure you guys will appreciate it as much as I do.:smile:

Knock 'em dead, Ali! Remember, they're lucky if they get you - not the other way round!

Awe thank you Diane:smile: Well they said they would call the candidates they liked at 7 pm. Will let you know if they've been lucky enough:wink:

Good luck, ali. I hope Adelaide is all you hoped for. It was for us, and will be again come January, when we return. Let us know how the interview went.

Its a beautiful little city. I'm already falling in love with it:smile: Well I'm not sure about the job interview but they will call me if they decide to employ me by 7 pm:smile:

Guys the interview wasn't quite what I expected. Turns out that they want me for door-to-door sales. Something that I've never done before. I felt old out there as everyone was around 19-20 years old. So at first I was dismayed but then I decided that I've moved all the way to Adelaide to start a new beginning. I need money to roll in to give me a peace of mind so I'd continue living the dream and moving forward. I'm not sure if I'll be a success in door-to-door but if they call me I'll give it a go. In the mean time I'll continue applying for jobs and see where the wind takes me.

Thank you all for the support and love.:smile:

Hi ALi,

You are a great and focused champ, you got there and just got things rolling, I am landing on 18 Nov and have planned on moving fast as you r doing, hope to get some tips from you and do keep active in the forum here. Will be getting in touch and monitoring your progress.

Hi ALi,

You are a great and focused champ, you got there and just got things rolling, I am landing on 18 Nov and have planned on moving fast as you r doing, hope to get some tips from you and do keep active in the forum here. Will be getting in touch and monitoring your progress.

Hi Arntoh,

Thank you mate:smile:

Sure thing, I hope that I somehow get employed soon though. I'll do my best to give you pointers mate and hope you get here soon and safe.

Keep in touch.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali