Just a quick glance at what I've done since arriving yesterday morning.
Yesterday I was mostly sleeping and managed to get rid of the jet lag by this morning. I woke up at 6 a.m. went out for a walk around 9 a.m. and did the following:
1) managed to get lost on my way from Norwood to the city but got back on track with directions from many lovely people.
2) opened a bank account with the Common Wealth Bank
3) Bought a planned Virgin simcard
4) Signed up with Bupa after comparing them with MediBank
5) Registered my entrance with DIAC as asked previously
6) Applied for TFN
7) Paid for ambulance cover in the Post office in the King William street. (I did this prior to the Bupa signing, well it's all right)
8) got lost on my way back to Norwood but its all good now.
9) Secured the same place I have now for rental after the first initial 10 days
I'm very happy with what I've achieved in one day and on foot that is. Walking around the city was the bonus and I really enjoyed the nice weather today. Tomorrow I'll call around for jobs (I have three offers, nothing big but enough to get me started) and then go and sign up with Fitness First to start getting back in shape.