need a boost - fed up!

Guest jeannie oxford

Guest jeannie oxford

I do try to be positive - but we are so fed up now waiting for the TRA people to make a decision. Have emailed our agent twice and foned her once and she says she understands our frustration (dont think so love). How much longer do you think we should have to wait - i dont think this is fair. !st submission sent 8 nov 07. Unsuccessful but "very close". they asked for 2 or 3 extra things, gave them exactly what they asked for,(paid again) and resubmitted mid jan 08. Its now approx 4 months since 1st submission...... doesnt help to see that some (very lucky) people on PIA have submitted and heard back within 2 weeks.....(not that im jealous or anything - good on yer!!)

Can anybody give us a bit of a boost/advice - am about to cry(seriously) and dont want to -as ive just put my make-up on ready to go out to work. Everyone going to be asking what our decision is - but cant make one as in limbo. Just feel a bit silly.... feel very messed about.

whinging pom i know but now we have been to ADL and had such a great reccie its really p*****ing us off having to wait. surely its not acceptable. Any advice - any big hugs. Steve is really driving me nuts, cant wait to get back to work to be honest and take my mind off it all. Poor bloke, all the pressure is on him and he's also decorating the house(he loves decorating, just like all you blokes out there........) in anticipation of it going on the market.

It would be really nice to give Steve a bit of a boost/helpful advice.

jeannie:arghh:x

Guest hannahf

Sorry, I don't think there is alot that I can say to cheer you up but I did want to say a big thank you for the post you put on here about your reccie, it was great and really informative. We are just starting the process and like you are going to do a reccie first, got travel agent working on flights for November. So excited! I will keep my fingers crossed fo you x

Guest Django

You now are experiencing the worst part of the whole visa proceedure.........the waiting and wondering.

All you can do is try and forget it and get on with your current lives. Easier said than done I know, but this is the only thing you can do. Keep busy and don't discuss it. The decission won't come any quicker by stressing and chasing up.

Get on with your daily routines and one day the (hopefully) news you want will be there.

Hope you here something soon, if for no other reason your sanity.

Keep us posted

Pete

Guest jeannie oxford

glad to be of help hannah. have a great time - absolutely sure you will and if i can help in any way please dont hesitate to ask. jeannie x

Guest jeannie oxford

thanks pete - dont want to discuss it with family friends or colleagues - you lot on here will help to keep us sane!!!! i know its not so bad on the grand scale of things......

jeannie

Guest Libby1971

Oh Jeannie

I do feel for you! Invest in some seriously good waterproof mascara and then complain about hayfever, I know in March in UK it isn't very likely but it's that that or another allergy.

The waiting is a killer. From what I was told, the skills assessment takes a while and then the next stage is just boring to be honest!

Harness your energy into being a domestic goddess - sorry, an even better domestic goddess. Practice your barbie receipes on the grill.

Thinking of you honey

Libby

Guest jeannie oxford

i knew youd cheer me up Libby.

Am usually banned from painting as i do it so badly (on purpose - not daft) but even i have been painting. (im as good at painting as i am at map reading.....) The bathroom is spotless. I cant wait to go to work. How did you get on with those job apps - and Bob? PM me. Hope the girls are ok.

love jeannie x

Guest Libby1971

I like to paint - it is possibly the only way I can be creative as long as there are lines to mark the edges. In the case of a room, I think even I can notice a wall or two to mark the edges there. Even so, I would happily spend a couple of hours in there and then OH would tell me I had missed a bit! He just wanted to play with the pretty colours!

We are both waiting to hear back about jobs - I feel sick!!!

Libby

Guest Leanne & Mark

Jeannie, i would be stropping too!! and you have every right to feel jealous.

Just try to think about it possitively....erm.....well.... not sure what that is right now but hey:err:i tried.

Guest jeannie oxford

This site is really good - already i feel like im not the only one with problems/worries/concerns. As ive said before, on the grand scale of things its not so bad.

Let me know how you get on with the jobs.

Im getting off here now - going to smoke 20 cigs before i go to work ( i leave in half an hour). Im joking (ill just have one), got to pack in very soon as ive hopefully got a medical to get through....

ill be back on tomorrow evening.

Thanks for support hon

jeannie x

Guest graandjac

:realmad:Come on Jeannie let it all out thats what were here for.....!!, i would say that if you provided the info they needed then No worries and no news is good news and all that, no one said this whole process would push us all to the limit , its just a way of preparing for the big one....kinda making us all stronger;)Chin up .Cheers Gra & Jac

Guest jeannie oxford

thanks gra and jac

im having a sneaky peek at work - it is my break!!!

thanks lovies, still not heard anything. im not going to say any more on the matter now, ive had my little rant. better crack on, lives to save n all that. LOL

ps its not so bad being at work, nice to see all the girls - all saying G'day mate etc as i walked in. and i found out i passed my mentorship course at uni with a really good mark.

jeannie x

Guest Guest75

Chin up Jeannie,it is the orrible part.

Nothing I say can really make it better I'm afraid.

At least you've been out and love it here,so no nagging doubts:)

Guest mOZzy

hey jeannie!!

we've got everything crossed for you - not that you need it but it's nice to hear it ;)

what skill are you getting assessed??

i so remember that stage and it was by far the most worrying bit!!

so much work to put into and the nail biting and waiting and dreading :confused:

but i know you'll be fine!! they wouldn't have requested more which you obviously could provide if you didn't have a chance!!

chin up - you'll hear soon :wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hey,

Come on now Jeannie a little bit more positive and a bit more patientce if you don't mind, I appreciate that it's not nice having somebody else control your life/future but it's all part of the great rollercoaster of a ride to get here. Chin up and concentrate on getting the house ready your day will come, keep on smiling say hi to the boys, speak soon,

Guzzler

Stay positive, I sympathise the migration journey is one thing we ALL have in common on this forum. Its not an easy time but just think about the future & how much happiness & fun you will have when you arrive.....you know it & we know it, stick with it !! Take care

Angela x

Guest jeannie oxford

note to self:- be more positive and patient!

had a real low on return to UK, felt that agent wasnt working hard enough for our hard earned money..

Nobody said this journey was going to be easy! I hoped i could put a thread on the site and gain a boost from people who have been on this same journey or are actually on the journey. I got that and i am most grateful to be able to have sounded off. If Steves TRA (welder)isnt successful then we will pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and try again via another avenue.

Thanks to everyone who responded for much needed boost and reminder to be positive and patient. i know it will be worth it.

jeanniex