More bad news for manufacturing...

Diane

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/sa-business-journal/employees-at-woodville-automotive-parts-company-aiautomotive-stood-down-without-pay-jobs-at-risk/story-e6fredel-1226508146896

My OH had an interview at this company a few years ago, and they messed him about and kept him hanging on for weeks and weeks - Bloody glad now he didn't end up working there!

Very sad for those that did though.

D

Guest moonraker1959

Really sorry to hear that news Diane.My BIL works in the automotive business and I hope he manages to keep his job.Hope those who have lost theirs manage to find new employment.Not a good time of the year to be out of work tbh.

Really sorry to hear that news Diane.My BIL works in the automotive business and I hope he manages to keep his job.Hope those who have lost theirs manage to find new employment.Not a good time of the year to be out of work tbh.

Luckily OH got out of manufacturing a few years ago, after 30 years, and didn't ever work at this place.... I am sure there will be some sort of bail out though; as Chris says above, sounds like a bit of holding the car companies to ransom

Where I work, we are looking at redundancies in the next couple of years when a contract runs out, and we're also looking at pushing some business into Thailand. We're just too expensive with the exchange rate as it is.

Yet the British car manufacturers cannot keep up with demand and are working all hours.