Cherries cherries cherries

Diane

Yes yes yes yes YES (a la When Harry Met Sally) - cherry season is about to begin!

Here's this year's map for shed door sales and pick your own

http://www.cherriessa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/CherryMap2012.jpg

I've just had an email from Stella Creek to say they are starting this weekend with one of the early varieties - always worth ringing before heading out there that they haven't been picked out though.

One of my absolute favourite things to do this time of year, so if you are new in SA, or haven't been before, you absolutely HAVE to go cherry picking this year!

I am so looking forward to little things like this once we are over. I adore cherries, could live off them in summer here but alas they are so so expensive I don't buy them maybe more than once or twice in the year. They are now a really expensive fruit, even in season here. Imported out of season even more so.

Are they are reasonably priced fruit if you PYO? I love doing that with strawberries and so on here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bobthecherryman

Dunno what went wrong. Just did a post and it's vanished. Sorry if this appears twice.

I'm Bob from Forest Range Cherries - I started this caper - well I didn't exactly invent it - but nobody else was doing it anywhere near Adelaide when I started about 15 years ago - first PYO - first website . Parfois il faut un anglais, as one of the neighbours said to Kevin on Grand Designs when some Brits had done up an enormous place in France.

So this is my grand design. the Cherry Orchard at the Edge of the Universe.

Prices-wise check my website - http://www.cherries.net.au - we're usually the cheapest (and best quality too natch) - there may be others closer to town but it's worth coming out here (where we still point at aeroplanes) for the real country feel. I suppose that's what's missing here compared with the UK and Europe - countryside - I think a lot of my punters come partly for that. I won't give you the full sales pitch - just check the website.

Snakes-wise don't worry - we haven't lost anybody yet. In fact once a few people have been through you're not likely to see one - they slink off and hide when they feel the vibration in the ground - like an Aussie batsman at the sight of Monty coming in to bowl.

Anyway - if you do come please say hi - I'm not always at around myself - it's mainly my kids these days - so you may need to ask. We get the full United Nations here but not many Brits - dunno why. Anyway - enjoy your stay in Adelaide.

Oh yeah - obviously - I'm a Brit myself.

Guest Guest5035

where abouts are you located Bobby Boy??

Any discount for PIA members?? :idea: might be why no poms, we're tight arses since being here:huh:

Stevo

Edited by Guest5035

Guest bobthecherryman
where abouts are you located Bobby Boy??

Any discount for PIA members?? :idea: might be why no poms, we're tight arses since being here:huh:

Stevo

76 Plummers Road, Forest Range, but don't trust your satnav - there's a how to get here page on the website.

$1 discount to anyone who completes the following phrase correctly. * (conditions apply)

Ricky Ponting couldn't bat his way out of a paper ---.

Actually I don't mind him that much, but just think of it as an intellectual point.

* max $1 per group of tight squeezers.

Guest Guest5035
76 Plummers Road, Forest Range, but don't trust your satnav - there's a how to get here page on the website.

$1 discount to anyone who completes the following phrase correctly. * (conditions apply)

Ricky Ponting couldn't bat his way out of a paper ---.

Actually I don't mind him that much, but just think of it as an intellectual point.

* max $1 per group of tight squeezers.

Actually i 'm a admirer of ricky but for a $ i'd say anything ( BAG ) Guessing the $1 is not per kilo is it, if it was the whole site will be there

thanks tight squeezer

stevo

Guest bobthecherryman

$1 off the total I'm afraid - I'm cheap enough already - I'm not a very good businessman.

Yeah - I quite like Ponting too. There was a time when you could get a bit of banter going with the Aussies about cricket (underarm bowling - trying to win on purpose etc) but recent years they don't seem to want to talk about it. Funny that.

They're making a bit of a comeback - maybe it'll start again.

Guest Guest5035

Diane whos the starter of this thread is a Punter fan, she loves him:tongue:, bet she's lurking somewhere in the shadows now, i follow the Aussies on everything, i reckon i might pop down on Sunday, will you be round

stevo

Guest bobthecherryman

Yeah - open 10am-6pm - it's the first proper day of opening. The early stuff's better than average this year but don't come too late - I never know how many to expect. if we start to run out I say that on the website and on the phone message to save people a wasted trip.

I'll be offline now for a while. THe phone's ringing hot and we're trying to get everything ready.

Sing out if you come.