OMG I cant quite belive our Visa has been granted !

steve&emma2011

Its says it all in the title really.

After a few hurdles along they way, like husbands job going to special measures amd having to wait for the new systems in July, I openend our email to this from our agent .......

'Hi Emma and Steve, Congratulations you are now Australian Permanent Residents!'

Whats the first thing i did??.... Burst into tears LOL!

When our CO was issued on 5th Nov i never thought it would be this quick and here we are with the visa, that sometimes i thought we'd never get.

So to all of you at the start, middle or end of your journey .....All the ups & downs are sooo worth it, for that 1 second where you read that 1 line over and over again, through blurry eyes!

Now the hard work begins, where to live, schools (2 boys 6&8 who want to leave tomorrow) healthcare, removals and rentals and telling my family & friends we are going (i think they dont believe us!!)

I'll be spending all me life on here getting ideas!

Good luck everyone.:cute:

Emma, Steve, Owen & Matt xx

Congratulations! Remember that feeling well! We are at the planning / getting ready for move stage and I'm trying to soak up all the advice and info on here. Can't wait to be over there,

Good luck with the move!

Congratulations! Remember that feeling well! We are at the planning / getting ready for move stage and I'm trying to soak up all the advice and info on here. Can't wait to be over there,

Good luck with the move!

Thanks Guys now just trying to decide when to go, i see your planning June, how exciting do you know where yet??

We will Probably be here till Aug I think gives us time to plan & soak info :)

Good luck x

Yes. We have booked our flights - that was one of those teary moments too! We pressed the confirm button together! Ha! We have a short term rental booked for 4 weeks in Seacliff but depending on job situation will decide where our long term rental will be. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. especially with little ones, although, like you, my little boywants to go tomorrow and is constantly asking how many more sleeps? We have had 1 quote in from a removal company but they have said that prices go up in Jan so are going to get other quotes in January too. So good to have a forum like this with advice and info. I'll keep you posted with any useful info!

Thanks Guys now just trying to decide when to go, i see your planning June, how exciting do you know where yet??

We will Probably be here till Aug I think gives us time to plan & soak info :)

Good luck x

Guest guest8040

Hang on its an emotional rollercoaster from here on in - we leave April with two boys 5&7 and an unhappy extended family! Glad we're not the only oddballs who pressed the confirm button for flights together haha! We thought we had removals sussed but a friend who used the same company we had in mind got her container yesterday and was not happy, so more research needs to be done I think!

Hi Steve & Emma

Massive congratulations on getting your Visa - I remember that awesome feeling too! We had to jump through a few hoops to get it and it took us a year from start to finish to get i.

But once for us it, all the ups and down are all worth it for when you get here.

Good luck with the rest of your plans and I hope all runs smoothly!!

Sarahx

Hang on its an emotional rollercoaster from here on in - we leave April with two boys 5&7 and an unhappy extended family! Glad we're not the only oddballs who pressed the confirm button for flights together haha! We thought we had removals sussed but a friend who used the same company we had in mind got her container yesterday and was not happy, so more research needs to be done I think!

Yes. We have booked our flights - that was one of those teary moments too! We pressed the confirm button together! Ha! We have a short term rental booked for 4 weeks in Seacliff but depending on job situation will decide where our long term rental will be. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. especially with little ones, although, like you, my little boywants to go tomorrow and is constantly asking how many more sleeps? We have had 1 quote in from a removal company but they have said that prices go up in Jan so are going to get other quotes in January too. So good to have a forum like this with advice and info. I'll keep you posted with any useful info!

Thanks Guys drop me a message & let me know who you booked your flights & removals just starting on those now

xx