Is it true you can get wireless internet out and about in Adelaide?

Guest stormywhether

Guest stormywhether

I was reading something the other day that said Adelaide CBD is pretty much rigged up for public wireless internet use.

Is this right? If not, where are the best places to go to get connected wirelessly using your own laptop?

Guest soggy
I was reading something the other day that said Adelaide CBD is pretty much rigged up for public wireless internet use.

Is this right? If not, where are the best places to go to get connected wirelessly using your own laptop?

Hi,

you can join any library free and most give you wirless internet access free for 8 hours a day(if you join one you can use any), the one I used had work stations to plug your laptop in, also had computers you could book for 1hour a day without joining, this was handy because you could use their printer fo 20c a sheet.

Simon:D

Australians have had a love affair with computers and the internet, but have lower access speeds compared with comparable countries. There are Hotspots around the CBD where you can access wireless, but most of these are held through Telstra. McDonalds usually offer a wirelss internet access zone, but I think it is with Telstra's BigPond broadband.

Hi

take care when using a wireless gateway!

Until recently, I lived in a 2 storey house in the CBD and 'Networked' it with a wireless gateway, because of the proximity of telephone and plug points, etc - absolutely no problems.

Then I moved and within 2 days of plugging in the pc, I had an email from my ISP to say that I was being 'shaped' due to using all of my download capacity! :wideeyed:

I called the ISP from work and was told that I was online at that moment from home and I had been continually for 36hrs! :err:

My Gateway was password protected too.

My new neighbourhood had a fantastic 'Hotspot' for a few days, which was very promptly unplugged when I arrived home and although I got the ISP to call me back at work to prove that I wasn't at home; it cost me Big Time!! :swoon: