I Passed My Boat Operators Licence!!!

Guest Roo1

Ay Ay, me beauties!!

Just let you to know fellow PIA'ers that I passed my Boat Operators Licence!

I went down to the Licence agency at Marion and sat the test. I felt like I was 16 again doing my GCSE'S!!

I'm not telling you my score, as I'm afraid to say a got a couple questions wrong, but I did enough to PASS!

I'm now in posession of a lovely sunset coloured piece of paper with "Boat Licence" printed on it.

Watch out Adelaide waters, never mind the sharks......here comes Judi, skipper of her own boat!!

Captain Judi!!

7_3_109.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hey congratulations Judi - all you need now is an eye-patch, a peg leg and a parrot on your shoulder - hahaha! Pieces of 8, pieces of 8 .....

See you soon

Sas

xxx

Thanks guys!! All are welcome when I've had a few goes at learning to drive the damn thing!

Ian's well put out that I got my licence first! :biglaugh:

What is it about male pride??! I think its great that his wife gets to be the captain! :cute: :pStrangely he doesn't

He's sitting his test today, just so I can't boss him around! ( I really don't think I piece of paper is going to change that!)

Judi x

Guest Django

Hi Judi,

What does this entitle you to do? I have done the RYA 'Day Skipper' and would love to do something similar down under.

Mind you I'm more your 13.gif kinda guy rather than your 12.gif one. ;)

Pete

Well done Cap'n Roo! Permission to come aboard??:jimlad:

Permission granted my dear! ;)

Pete, with a boat operators licence you are allowed to operate any type of recreational vessel fitted with an engine, regardless of size (so including jet ski's).

There's plenty of opportunities for7_3_111.gifhere in Adelaide as well but as far as I know, if it doesn't have an engine, you don't need a licence.

Judi x

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest Libby1971

Well, I am impressed:notworthy::notworthy:!

Good for you honey. We all want to know when you are practising so we can come down and support you. Your own little Roo fan club waving from the shore looking pathetic!

Libby

Congrats.

My son has begun this, doesn't want to drive but fancies a boat. Earlier on in the summer we went round boat yards looking at Tinnies, which is what he wants. I of course saw this really nice boat only $67000(cheap hey), leather seats, seating for loads and nice little drink holders etc. 'He is more in the league of a put put tinnie. When asked how he would get the boat to water seeing as he doesn't drive replied... oh lots of people would be willing to drive me and my boat out, everyone likes messing about on boats.....