Oh Flippin eck :-(

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Well we arrive 4 weeks tomorrow and no OAA :cry: Got the email today to say they are full at the inn so now have 4 weeks to find somehere to live on arrival :shock: We applied back in November so it does not seem to be first come first served just the luck of the draw and what is available on the day!

If anyone in Adelaide knows of any nice rentals coming up or short term that is not full up please let me know :lol: We arrive Saturday 28th April.

Now going to spend the day looking for place to book for us with any luck :D

Lisa

Guest happy-jools

AHH Boll****

You seem to deserve this so much - as you seem to be the most organised.

However I have to say there is normally a reason (fate if you believe in it) for these things and there will be better things for you (albeit it may cost a little more).

Good luck in your searches. Wishing you well.

Take Care.

Julia. :wink::wink::wink:

Guest RandC

Oh Lisa that seems so unfair - you certainly deserve better luck than this - I also believe things happen for a reason - try to keep positive and with your fantastic organisational skills and contacts you've built up, you'll find somewhere.

Keep smiling

Cari x :)

Guest dglamoore

Thanks to you all for your lovely thoughts :D We have managed to get a family unit at Woodcroft caravan park for 5 weeks so will just have to get our backside moving to sort Greg a work unit and us a rental before we are booted out 8)

At least it has linen, a tv and we know where it is so always a plus side somewhere :lol: The area around it looks fantastic and the setting lovely so looking forward to it.

See those of you in Adelaide in 4 weeks :mrgreen:

Lisa....still smiling :D

Guest RandC

That's great news Lisa - a weight off your mind and at least you can visualise where you will be. Good luck with all the last minute organising. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures on the other side. Hopefully see you over there next year (fingers crossed)

Cari x :D

Guest Guest75
Thanks to you all for your lovely thoughts :D We have managed to get a family unit at Woodcroft caravan park for 5 weeks so will just have to get our backside moving to sort Greg a work unit and us a rental before we are booted out 8)

At least it has linen, a tv and we know where it is so always a plus side somewhere :lol: The area around it looks fantastic and the setting lovely so looking forward to it.

See those of you in Adelaide in 4 weeks :mrgreen:

Lisa....still smiling :D

Good for you Lisa.

I drove through the Caravan Park the other day.Little Tyke knows the owner's son.

I'll try and pass on a good word for you :-)

Guest dglamoore

Good for you Lisa.

I drove through the Caravan Park the other day.Little Tyke knows the owner's son.

8) hehe Tyke you are a man with many contacts :lol:

Dawn is over the moon now she has seen the Roos so I really hope they put in an appearance or I will be in big trouble :roll:

It does look nice and complete with outdoor BBQ area so feel some good evenings coming on :lol: Will pack some nice warm fleeces :D

Lisa

Guest Guest75

Good for you Lisa.

8) hehe Tyke you are a man with many contacts :lol:

Dawn is over the moon now she has seen the Roos so I really hope they put in an appearance or I will be in big trouble :roll:

It does look nice and complete with outdoor BBQ area so feel some good evenings coming on :lol: Will pack some nice warm fleeces :D

Lisa

:):)

Once again I have driven through the park today.Little Tyke spent a few hours up there with the owner's son and friends.Instantly thought I should have taken my camera and taken some pics for you!!

Guest jen&ian

Hi Lisa,

I had a quick look at the caravan park you are going to, but it seemed expensive, how have you managed to get the price down, is it because you are block booking quite a few weeks? If so I might give them a try too.

Jen :D

Guest dglamoore

Tyke no doubt we will bump into Little Tyke at some point in our stay there :lol:

Jen, the price on the website for a family unit is $485 but when we phoned and asked for 5 weeks she asked if we were migrating and quoted us a lower price of $413 ( I even double checked that this included linene as most of the others hire it by the day which really adds up unless you go and buy some). Lovely lady, very friendly and personal feel to the emails she has sent through confirming it all :D

Lisa

Guest G'n'T

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear you didn't get OAA but hey things happen for a reason as many others have mentioned, I'm a firm believer in this! Woodcroft Park looks like a really great place, we have also looked at this as an alternative if we don't get OAA, we've got just over 6 weeks before we leave Guernsey so should hear within the next 2 - 3 weeks if we have been lucky enough to get it, if not we might see you there!!

Glad you're all sorted anyway, hope you're trip goes well - Good Luck!!

Tracey :lol:

Hi Lisa

I've posted on the other screen but just wanted to say well done & getting into Woodcroft, congratulations 8) sounds also like you are paying a reasonable price to 8)

Not long now, good luck with closing the business this weekend, I am sure its quite an emotional time for you & Greg, best of luck. I'm sure it will be as successful in Adelaide :D

Cheers

Angela

Guest grants

Hi Lisa and Greg,

Your caravan Park looks really lovely and much better than OAA. Hope the move goes smoothly and let us all know how you are getting on when you arrive.

Jan & Shane

P.S. Still have not had my visa application acknowledged so I am hoping it has not got lost in a black hole. Austalian postal service confirmed it has been signed for the other end but had nothing. House is on the market so all very scary!!!

Guest Pesky Varmit

Hi Lisa

We move out of our rental 4th May if this is any use in the longer term. We arrived with a motel booked for ten nights only so don't panic. We were able to book a family room for the five of us and we only booked 2 weeks before we left when we got our visa, it cost about $1000 dollars. It was clean but a bit old fashioned, if you need any details give me a shout. Good luck :)

Guest ste n sasha

:D hi paul & lorna,

how far on with the visa are you :?: are you nearly there or have you

just started the ball rolling :?:

do you have children :?: