Nearly there and really nervous!!

Bevev's

Oh well my PIA friends, after approx 5 years as a PIA member and lots of ifs, buts, why's and when's, our shippers are arriving a week today and we leave UK on 9th Jan!! Had a really emotional but lovely christmas with my parents, don't know if i'm on my head or my butt and really scared......... God, I hope we are doing the right thing!

See you soon! he he he!...that sounds weird! :eek:

Guest leeannekays

Hi Bev, it's beautiful here. This was our first Christmas here in Adelaide and it's been so lovely. Good luck with everything. It's totally normal how you are feeling .

Leeanne x

Hi Bev, it's beautiful here. This was our first Christmas here in Adelaide and it's been so lovely. Good luck with everything. It's totally normal how you are feeling .

Leeanne x

Hi Leanne

We to have just had our first christmas here, enjoyed it but very strange! Just noticed your hubby is ref/air conditioning, mine is to and just wondering if he had loads of hassle getting his licence's sorted when he got here? Luckily Si has a job but there seems to be no rush in people helping to get these licences sorted!

Thanks

Em

x

Guest Paula H

Good luck it's amazing here

we came in sept and have loved every minute. My parents arrive in 2 weeks and I'm not sure who is more excited us or them.

which area are you moving to?

Same here. I noticed you're from South Wales. We're from Barry and are flying out on 29th jan. we too have been going through the process for about 5 years. We went out in feb last year to activate our visas and fell on love with port noarlunga, where are you heading ?? Good luck with your move xxx

Hi, my wife Kerry usually writes on the PIA. So I thought I would add my pennys worth (cents).

Our house is on the market so when it sells we have between now and July to get there, so what I am trying to say is reading this thread is making me well excited and also scared stiff and I am not the one leaving in a matter of weeks, so best of luck and I am sure you will find it amazing especially away from this grey damp weather, hopefully see you all over there sooner rather than later. Life starts here ,Scott

Aww there's lovely Paula. I wish my parents were coming with us!! Have a lovely time and cherish their visit. We are flying on 9th Jan. We are staying in Tamara's place at Christies for just under 3 weeks but have to find something, hopefully PN or surrounding suburbs quickly!! I can see you have a 12 yr old son, how is he settling. Our 12 yr old really isn't looking forward to it at the moment. What school does Ben go to? It's lovely to speak to someone whose recently arrived!!

Bev

Good luck it's amazing here

we came in sept and have loved every minute. My parents arrive in 2 weeks and I'm not sure who is more excited us or them.

which area are you moving to?

Hi CSS,

We are from Aberdare, not far from Barry!! Heading to same area as you, just hope to find a rental there. Be great to meet up when you arrive. We would have had 2 weeks experience by the time you get there, so hopefully can help you! Have you children?

Bev x

Same here. I noticed you're from South Wales. We're from Barry and are flying out on 29th jan. we too have been going through the process for about 5 years. We went out in feb last year to activate our visas and fell on love with port noarlunga, where are you heading ?? Good luck with your move xxx

As I write this I have a lump in my throat as moving to the other side of the worl is a very emotional experience. I think I am tryint to hold it together for the sake of my children who I don't want to begin getting upset but see this as our adventure etc. It has now rained for 3 days dolid in North Manchester and that is enough to remind me that we are doing the right thing. 4 weeks and counting so arriving after you Bev! We sent our belongings 2 weeks ago and it's been a tricky xmas without furniture etc - and it is definetly a testing time - but one I hope to look back on in 6 months and feel that it was worth it.

It's nice to hear positive things from the other side Gill (Malkitech) x

Guest DougandLou

Hi Bev

We feel exactly the same, had a fantastic Christmas with the whole family, we fly on the 29th Jan, we are feeling every emotion possible from excitement, guilt, scared, impatience etc etc.

Guest Paula H
Aww there's lovely Paula. I wish my parents were coming with us!! Have a lovely time and cherish their visit. We are flying on 9th Jan. We are staying in Tamara's place at Christies for just under 3 weeks but have to find something' date=' hopefully PN or surrounding suburbs quickly!! I can see you have a 12 yr old son, how is he settling. Our 12 yr old really isn't looking forward to it at the moment. What school does Ben go to? It's lovely to speak to someone whose recently arrived!!

Bev[/quote']

our 12yr old has settled brilliantly. He is a right little aussie already and loves it here. He wasnt all that keen either before we came but now says he loves it here and certainly doesnt miss the UK (of course apart from friends and family) however, he has made lots of new friends here.

School helps as well as he has joined the local surf club and is now looking to join an athletics club. keeping them busy is the key and the weather of course helps. you are def coming at the right time of year.

we can always meet when your here to help settle you in

That's really encouraging. Alex is really into sports too, loves everything to do with sport. We are hoping to get him into winnerea, it has a sports programme too. Be great to meet up. thank you.

our 12yr old has settled brilliantly. He is a right little aussie already and loves it here. He wasnt all that keen either before we came but now says he loves it here and certainly doesnt miss the UK (of course apart from friends and family) however, he has made lots of new friends here.

School helps as well as he has joined the local surf club and is now looking to join an athletics club. keeping them busy is the key and the weather of course helps. you are def coming at the right time of year.

we can always meet when your here to help settle you in

Guest leeannekays
Hi Leanne

We to have just had our first christmas here, enjoyed it but very strange! Just noticed your hubby is ref/air conditioning, mine is to and just wondering if he had loads of hassle getting his licence's sorted when he got here? Luckily Si has a job but there seems to be no rush in people helping to get these licences sorted!

Thanks

Em

x

Hi Em,

It took a good 5 months to get my husbands licence sorted, was a nightmare. But I think more things are in place now. They didn't didn't have anything set in place when we first arrived, then they made a workbook and training classes.

How far is your hubby in to it?

Leeanne xxx

Hi CSS' date='

We are from Aberdare, not far from Barry!! Heading to same area as you, just hope to find a rental there. Be great to meet up when you arrive. We would have had 2 weeks experience by the time you get there, so hopefully can help you! Have you children?

Bev x[/quote']

Just up the road then !!! Yes we have 3 children. Katie 10, Harvey 7 and Joshua 3. They are all sport mad, Katie plays netball and loves athletics and Harvey And josh are football mad so will be looking for teams for them to join. It would be nice to meet up. We went out last feb to activate our visas and fell in live with port noarlunga. Will contact you once we arrive. Good luck with the flights . Clare

Guest Shandalina

Hi Bevevs

We are also flying out on 9th Jan and arriving on 10th in Sydney, then connect through to Adelaide that evening. We left the UK on 24th December to say goodbye to family and friends in South Africa, and are now 2 days away from the flight out.

We are very excited to finally be in Adelaide.We are staying in the North-East ( Highbury area ) and I have enrolled my 8 year old daughter in Highbury Primary school ( I did this from the UK ). My other daughter who is 4 will be with me for the 1st term until she turns 5 in Feb and can then enroll at the same school.I wish you well for your flight over and all the best in settling in.

Cheers

Shan

Guest kerina

Hi all. After such a long flight....:goofy:!!!! we are here in sunny beautiful... Adelaide!one day and one hour!Any one in north adelaide? we are looking to rent around athelstone...any help and advice and new friends welcome!.Its me, hubby and son 15yr(16yrs in few days!)..excited and can not wait to start our new life!!wish all of you the best!xxKerina

Guest DougandLou
Hi all. After such a long flight....:goofy:!!!! we are here in sunny beautiful... Adelaide!one day and one hour!Any one in north adelaide? we are looking to rent around athelstone...any help and advice and new friends welcome!.Its me, hubby and son 15yr(16yrs in few days!)..excited and can not wait to start our new life!!wish all of you the best!xxKerina[/quote

Hi Kerina

So far so good eh? We fly on the 29th Jan to Adelaide ! wish you all the luck over the next few days! keep us posted with all your exciting updates. We cant wait to get out there now, just a few more days left at work and a few more trips to the tip and charity shops to clear unwanted bits. We would also appreciate any advise you can offer us about arriving and setting up in the early days. kind regards

Lou and Doug