Crocs

Guest guest8040

No crocs, no pythons, no paralysis ticks, no cane toads, no stingers...they're all up north. We get redback spiders (poisonous but mostly shy), huntsmen spiders (not poisonous but a bit scary looking), white tip spiders (squish 'em!), brown snakes and red bellied black snakes (also shy and best avoided), the very occasional blue ringed octopus, oh, and great white sharks!

We do have really bad drivers, generally known at P-platers they even advertise with a giant P in their windows. Please be advised to be wary of them, make sure you give them plenty of room (best to have them infront of you instead of behind you as they seem to drive so closely behind you they want to get in the car with you) , also the same rules apply for anyone driving a Ute, very dangerous (mod's can I use the term "nutter's")

Julie

We do have really bad drivers, generally known at P-platers they even advertise with a giant P in their windows. Please be advised to be wary of them, make sure you give them plenty of room (best to have them infront of you instead of behind you as they seem to drive so closely behind you they want to get in the car with you) , also the same rules apply for anyone driving a Ute, very dangerous (mod's can I use the term "nutter's")

Julie

As the parent of a P-plater who is one of the best drivers I know, I'd disagree with this post! The ones I find most dangerous are Mums in huge fourwheel drives (usually with one of those ridiculous 'my family' cartoons in the back :mad:- like anyone else cares how many pets they have or what hobbies their brats have! )who think because they are in something that's built like a tank, they can drive all over the other road users!

I say with good authority that Crocs are officially over the entire continent of Australia now. Bloody things get everywhere.:arghh:

Suprised no one warned you...:huh:

See link below....................

http://www.crocsaustralia.com.au/home/homepage,en_AU,pg.html

Hahaha that's exactly what came to my mind! Bloody ugly things aren't they!

Always answer the way I see it...if you don't like to see my answers bar me on your page:tongue:

stevo

I thought it was bloody funny Stevo ........ but after 21 odd years here praps you and I have got an Aussie sense of humour now ..............................

we do have pythons in SA ..... Woma, Carpet and Stimsonii pythons (Stimsonii are beautiful and make great pets - I want one) ...... but we also have sting rays, those awful giant orange centipedes and a whole plethora of deadly snakes (a lot of which live in the sand dunes at all of the local beaches as well as in gardens, parks etc which is why you should never let your kids play in the dunes).

Edited by wizzywozza

Guest guest8040

Great! Will add sand dunes to my list of 'things to fear'; as for crocs of the not -scaly wear on your foot kind, we love them :) never have understood how the huge furry Ugg boot became a massive international Australian export though???

As the parent of a P-plater who is one of the best drivers I know, I'd disagree with this post! The ones I find most dangerous are Mums in huge fourwheel drives (usually with one of those ridiculous 'my family' cartoons in the back :mad:- like anyone else cares how many pets they have or what hobbies their brats have! )who think because they are in something that's built like a tank, they can drive all over the other road users!

Couldn't agree with you more Diane, unfortunately they're exactly like that in the UK too! Not that they ever go off road - no further than the school run/supermarket!

Guest Guest75
Couldn't agree with you more Diane, unfortunately they're exactly like that in the UK too! Not that they ever go off road - no further than the school run/supermarket!

Well I could not disagree more. You both must live in the wrong areas.

Most four wheel drive owners I know are responsible and actually use them for the purpose they were designed at least some of the time.

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush!!!!!!!!:skeptical::skeptical:

Guest guest8040
I bought my OH some UGG boots and she loves them. In fact she wears them all the time as they are so comfy and warm.

She will definitely still get the use out of them once we make it to Oz as the house are cool in the winter!

I can understand if they were a UK invention perfect for here but I just never equate Aus beaches and sunshine with the need for big furry boots :D

Good grief what have I started. It was mean't as a Joke (Aussie Joke) Tyke is right, I'm driving around on the roads between 6 - 8 hours a day and I've seen lots of bad driving from all kinds of ages, groups of people but the majority of people out their are responsible drivers who are just trying to get to their destination without bothering or upsetting any other road users....

Julie...:huh:

Guest Guest75
I'm glad Julie-Ruth took the spotlight off me and my daft question! :)

Not as bad as the Drop Bear thread!!

Not even started about the Bunyip yet!! Don't get too close to the water!!