Whats Hallett Cove like?

julie-ruth

Hi Julie-Ruth,

At the end of the day, its down to personal taste. But I live in Hallett Cove and love it here. There are 2 train stations. Hallett Cove and Hallett Cove Beach but have good parking facilities and trains to CBD (North) and Noarlunga (South) are every 15 mins.

We live just off the Cove Road and have a 10 min walk to the train station which is great. They've recently opened a group of shops adjacent to the station and now we don't have to travel up to HC Mall to get bread, milk etc. (The shops consists of a Deli, Hairdressers, Estate Agents - Ray White and Theraptic place).

There's another set of local shops at the other side of HC off Baramundi Road ( I think thats right).

We are having great things done to our local mall at the moment, with new buildings and shops moving in, also a by pass to Sheidow Park.

Schools are fine. My Tom goes to HC South. It has small class sizes and he loves it there.

Houses are around $330.000 upwards. Most are around 20 to 30 years old along the coast line with newer ones being built Hallett Cove Heights.

I advise you to put it one your list and come and have a nosey round, and maybe drop in for coffee, when you get here!

Best of luck

Judi x

Thanks for such a quick response we presently live off the dorset coast, and your views look as amazing as ours if not better its definetly one we will look closely at, just wondering at the school is it a primary school or secondary or both as my girls are 7, 9 and 12.

Julie-ruth

We have 3 schools in HC. Hallett Cove East and Hallett Cove South are primary schools and children stay till they are 12 (maybe 13 in some cases).

Hallett Cove South is the smallest school and also in attendance. I love the fact that everybody knows everybody and older kids watch out for the youngest.

My friend DonnaT's boy goes to Hallett Cove East. It has more children in attendance but still is a lovely school. Both Donna nad myself volunteer there.

Last but not least is Hallett Cove R to 12 (Reception to Year 12). You may find it easier to have all your children going to this one. Its had a mix response on parents views and my only advice is to check it out for yourself. Primarily its usually the kids who will tell you which one they like the best out of all 3 anyway!!

There are other schools you may like to consider in Seacliff and Sheidow park if you settle in HC but you'll have to see if they have been zoned and what their intake numbers are like.

Judi x

Guest salisbury massive
Thanks for such a quick response we presently live off the dorset coast,

Hi Julie-Ruth

I'm from Poole. The beaches are not quite as good as the Dorset coast but the views are very nice. I'm in the North East Burbs about 50 minutes from HC. If we didn't live up here I'd definately be considering that area.

Jo

I don't want to be controversial here but i'm not a huge fan of Hallett Cove.

We are renting on the Headland and find it very exposed to the elements. The beach isn't great unless you like rockpooling. It's extremely hilly and a few houses are built on pretty uneven plots. Houses are also a fair bit more expensive, but i guess that's due to it's proximity to the ocean.

On the plus side it's very picturesque and well served by main roads and public transport system.

I don't want to be controversial here but i'm not a huge fan of Hallett Cove.

We are renting on the Headland and find it very exposed to the elements. The beach isn't great unless you like rockpooling. It's extremely hilly and a few houses are built on pretty uneven plots. Houses are also a fair bit more expensive, but i guess that's due to it's proximity to the ocean.

On the plus side it's very picturesque and well served by main roads and public transport system.

Be controversial as much as you like!!;) I think its good that people know other people views about HC. Instead of just me waffling on about the place!! I guess I have rose tinted glasses, as HC is now my home so I see the good in it.

But yes, you are right, it does get a bit windy and houses here have no double glazing, well mine doesn't anyway! We live on a hill overlooking the sea, so yes we are exposed to the elements some what but I just love lightening my wood burner in winter and feeling all cosy as the windy is whipping round my house!! :v_SPIN:

I also find HC beach too windy to sit on and the sand is pretty scarce but 5 mins down the road we've got Christies beach on one side and Sea Cliff on the other and them beaches are fantastic.

I guess you can't tick all the boxes! :nah:

Judi x:wubclub:

Guest donna T

Just to add my 2 pennith worth - I love Hallett Cove too:)

It IS hilly and very windy in Winter but we appreciate those breezes on those 40 degree days.

It is one of the larger suburbs so there should be something for everyone in many price ranges.

I love the fact that whichever way you go, you can see the sea round most corners. It is very nicely placed between the southern beaches of Christies and Port Noarlunga and marion or the City. There are 2 main roads leading both into the City and down to the South which makes transport links excellent along with the bus routes and the 2 railway stations.

I have to say that before we came, Hallett Cove was at the bottom of my list of potential homes but we eventually gave in and looked at it and really liked it - it is very pretty here.

Come and see for yourself as Judi says - you may decide to stay!:)

Guest susanmary38

Hi

We are in mid process at present with the visas, & our dream is to move to Hallett Cove, and possibly work in Lonsdale or another close by industrial area, my Hubby is a sheet metal worker and hopes to find work out there, it is always good to read views on the area you want to live in both good points & bad.

We have friends out there on Ragamuffin drive, Steve & Kelly, they love it.

We are hoping to live there because we love the proximity of the ocean, is it anything like Cornwall as this is a place we love, rugged coast line and sea breeze.

Sue n Dave

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Ok Im joining in. I live here and I like it. It is pretty, the majority of houses are well kept ( except mine ATM:wacko:). There are good transport links, 2 train stations. The beach IMO is the best beach for a walk and a paddle if you have littlies, it has the most beautiful stones, and the sunsets are glorious, ( i know you can see these any where).

I only know that the schools for the young ones are good, I know plenty of people with littlies. I dont know much about the R-12 as my 2 didnt like it and they had the choice, within reason of which school they went ( being the age they were).

We are getting the mall done up now, it has been in the pipe lines for over 17 yrs apparently, but will have 2 major food stores and my fav shop (get anything there) BigW!

Plus 70 other shops so it wont be a small mall!

It does get breezy where I am, but I wouldnt all it windy, I lived on the coast in the UK that was windy! I imagine HC heights is windy though as it must blow straight through there!

sarah

:jiggy:So many people can't be wrong I'm definitely going to take a closer look when we get there, we are at the beginning of things and still need to sell our own property so it maybe a while but I like what I'm hearing, I use to live on Portland in Dorset so I'm no stranger to strong winds I remember when I lived there I once got a black eye from my car door getting caught by the wind and catching me in the face I don't know if its thats bad but I remained on the island for nearly eight years in all, it has its own charms.

Still keep telling me more, what clubs are there for children swimming, horse-riding etc is it as expensive to ride over there as it is over here.:v_SPIN::v_SPIN::v_SPIN: